Rats Everywhere! How to Transport them? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Rats Everywhere! How to Transport them?

Being a new resident of the underempire, my first concern is not even about tactics, army composition, or how to beat my friends Tomb Kings which will be sure to make me cry, but how I am going to carry all the little vermin I am getting around!

What are some good, efficient methods of carrying a huge numerous army like the Skaven around?

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I have an Army Transport dedicated to carting around 3000 points of the buggers. The beauty of Skaven is that they don't have much in the way of big cumbersome models beyond the Bell and WLC so you can fit a ton of rats per tray (something like 30). Also, in keeping with Skaveny theme, I keep ==My== slaves in a big pile to cut back on space issues and abuse them off the table as well.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

A few large cases should do the trick, and the small models that you don't mind if they get a little tangled up can be put in a plastic bag.
    "What is Mercy? Does it taste Nice?" Hive Tyrant on Reth V

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I was thinking of trying the magnetic bases trick (with a thin sheet of metal to attach the bases to). That way, they can be carried in any other manner and you don't have to rank them up every game.

Of course the cases sure can pack a lot of rats, but ranking them up is a real pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Please, for the love of Pete use magnetic bases.

Put sheet metal on you movement trays and refrigerator magnets on the bottoms of your bases. It's fairly cheap, and makes transporting your units a breeze. Just put them in a tool box or something, and they wont fall over, keeping your paint job pristine. The best reason to do it is because you have a large model count army. It saves tons of time that you would normally spend placing every single skaven on their tray. No more taking a whole our just to set up! Just take your guys out of the box and you are ready to go.

+ Reply to Thread