Oh another 1k army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Oh another 1k army

So it is my first time in the Warhammer fantasy world (WOOT). Anyway, i've been playing with the Tyranids for 6 years now, and decided to enter the skaven. My first match is coming up (not sure when lol) and my enemies are chaos and lizardmen.

Warlock: 120pts
    - warp blades & upgrade warp-energy condenser
    - warpstone amulet
    - Storm Daemon

Assassin: 150pts
    - weeping blade

Two Clan rats units (full command, except pawleaders): 450pts
    - swords/sheilds
    - 2 Rattling Guns
    - 30 rats each

Slave unit: 40pts

Five Poison Wind Globadiers: 50pts

another four Poison Wind Globadiers: 40pts

Three Rat Ogres: 150pts

= 1000

anything i should take note?!
    thx guys!

mmmm i also noted rat ogres arent worth it accoring to this forum. So i was thinking about using the real ogres for less points, better stats, and surprisingly i can borrow them!!

Last edited by Boxman2010; January 19th, 2009 at 01:55.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

30 (x2)

More Clan Rats.

Sorry for the short post, but I gotta go.
    "What is Mercy? Does it taste Nice?" Hive Tyrant on Reth V

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

New Jersey
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

Above the general post section, there is an army lists section, this should be posted there.

I personally wouldn't go with an assassin, he's overpriced for what he does, you can get more attacks out of a unit of 3 gutter runners with poisen HW's and they cost less then a assassin. Technically, you could get 2 units of 5 gutter runners with tunnelling for 170 total points... i'd rather have that then the assassin who has to hide in 1 of the clan rat units, and they cannot benefit from his leadership.

Units of 5 Globadiers aren't that great. If you lose 2 they panic, and are pretty price. I'd run them in a unit of 2 so 2 units of 2. They aren't accurate enough to do much. But vs large targets or monsters are great. However, at 1000 pts if you want a small shooty unit, you could take nightrunners and give them throwing stars. You could drop to 2 units of 2 Globadiers, and 2 units of 5 Night Runners with stars.

I'm not a big fan of rat ogres, but i can see how they'd be useful in 1000 pts. Pretty smashy for the point value.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread