Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi. I've looked at skaven for a while and i'm wondering if i should collect full time. I'm looking to collect around 2000 points. I have quite a lot of questions so if you experienced skaven players could help, it would be much appreciated.
1. Would it be wise to collect a magic heavy army with some shooting and lots of core (grey seer on bell, 2 warplock, 1 chieften BSB, 3 x 30 clanrats, 3 x 20 slaves, 6 - 8 jezzails, cannon)
2. If i use a bell, should it stay at the back with about 24 stormvermin, or mobile. Tactic being casting death frenzy on jezzails to ignore psycology
3. Are skaven core (ie. clanrats) just used to flank charge and use slaves as bait? or are they HTH with the rule of numbers coming into effect? i'm not sure how to use them and what their best use is
4. Is it better to use warlord or grey seer?
5. what can you use to protect your flanks?
6. Clanrats? Spears or no spears?
any answers would help a lot. Cheers
2) Stay back.
3) Lots of rats with full command usually wins combat by static res.
4) Grey seer, you wanted the bell right?
5) Slaves and a swarm of two bases usually works fine.
7) Um... to big answer for me to type, but use answer number five and keep your clanrats together.
"The ones with lingon och skit" - Andusciassus
I m not a Skaven player first of all. I plan to make them my second or third Fantasy army. But as a fantasy player I would suggest waiting on Skaven. If I am not mistaken Skaven are about to get a new book. As far as I know they are either next in line or second in line for a new army book. If they are next, then their new book will be coming out this summer.
Ave Dominus Nox!