warp lightning and spell eating - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

warp lightning and spell eating

Hii, my friend plays a dwarf army and when, but not often, he uses a rune called spelleating he can stop one of my engineers from casting warp lightning. It stops him using the spell for the rest of the game but, does this also count for the storm daemon as well?

I mean, he's not really casting the spell himself, its just from a seperate bound item that he's carrying. Both my friends have different opinions on this. Although I would assume it will include Storm Daemon.

2. Remove Advertisements

New Jersey
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

I don't think you have a formal ruling on this but here my thoughts:
    Spell eater could affect the single casting of WL from a engineer, IE from the Warpblades, so that gets eaten, however on the same engineer if you have a storm demon, I think your ok to use it, because its a bound spell from an item, not from a character/wargear.

So in your example, you first cast WL, it gets eaten, so that is gone from the game. But the same warlock can still use his bound spell. However, an opponent could present quite the argument that its the "same spell" and both are eaten. I think if its a game halting argument you dice it off. But I think most players when you phrase it as "the regular spell is gone. i am now utilizing my bound spell item to cast the spell at power level 3." I think you'll be ok.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread