Slaves in the new book - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaves in the new book

If anyone that doesn't already know, skaven are rumoured to get a +2 CR bonus for outnumbering. Has anyone realised how amazing this is for your humble units of skaven slaves?

Consider this: A unit of 40 slaves with banner. Normally, you would be laughed at for putting command on a throwaway unit like slaves. But listen. This slave unit will now receive +6 SCR!!! (1 for banner, 3 ranks, 2 for outnumber)That is amazing for an 85 point unit (current book cost). Vampire Counts eat your heart out!

Last edited by mistabrainslappa; June 17th, 2009 at 19:54. Reason: Explaining +6 SCR

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Current book cost. They may well (and probably justifiably) go up in cost. Also I can see them possibly being an exception to the rule, if it is even in the book.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I have heard, to keep up with army creep, everything is either going down or staying the same cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Skaven don't really need to worry about codex creep as much as other armies as they're still very competitive with the SADs. Slaves may go up a point to bring them into line with goblins, but the problem with low cost units is that as you reduce it by a point the percentage decrease gets larger and larger.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good on paper but slaves cant have standards. That gives them 5 combat res, which is still good, but only if the rumour is true, which it might not be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom9001 View Post
    Sounds good on paper but slaves cant have standards. That gives them 5 combat res, which is still good, but only if the rumour is true, which it might not be.
    Slaves could have a standard if you put a BSB with em! Bad idea but its possible

Ive got a pretty good thing going with my SAD army, but Id like a reason to use some other stuff that I never though. I hate running a swarm army.
    Last edited by Skrak; July 22nd, 2009 at 09:40. Reason: typo demons! Aaaargh...
    It's our struggles that define us, And the hardships we endure,
    Your spirit can't be broken now, You've come too far...
    -Hatebreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Saying "We're competitive as a SAD army" pisses me off, Skaven are meant to be about swarminess! Relying on a small number of expensive units isn't how we should be doing things.

Personally, i'd like to see Skyre taken down a little and other clans buffed a bit to balance it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A boost to Eshin and Moulder would be good. Maybe Assassins like the Dark Elf ones? That would be nasty.
    The careful application of terror is a form of communication in itself - Zutta Law #4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree SAD armies are great but ratmen were always swarm so give them benifits +2 for out number is great start even better if applied to stormvermin giving a very solid unit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes Banner of the Swarm quite good then. +3CR for outnumbering! Not bad for the pts.
    The careful application of terror is a form of communication in itself - Zutta Law #4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast