my new skaven army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my new skaven army

Right i have just started a knew skaven army and i don't have the army book so i need to know if this is a good army list to take down a 2,000pts army of high elves but i'm allying with dwarfs for some reason. Basically it's two battle forces with the addition of a warlord and a night runner squad so what do you think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First and foremost: Get the armybook! You simply cannot play without it!

This whole ally deal I presume is accepted by your opponent, although I can't think of a more unlikely ally to the skaven than the dwarves.

Other than that, yes you can take on the high elves but it will be quite tricky. Your best bet would be poison wind globardiers for his heavy cavalry and ratling guns for his rank and file. The elves weaknesses is toughness 3, so any skaven shooting will be devastating.
    "The ones with lingon och skit" - Andusciassus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i don't know why i allied with the dwarfs but the idiot surrenderd after he lost his hammers. I didn't win but i managed to kill the ever queen and her hand maiden's with the rat ogres. I bought the army book on the day had an hour to have a quick look of the stat lines before the high elf player arrived. But the thing is I said he couldn't use the ever queen, but the dwarf player said ok and then surrendered the turna after my plauge monks charged and swept through a ten man squad of white lions before being wiped out theselves (being ssubjected to a lot of spells cast by at least four spell casters.) I decided to try and charge my rat ogres into nthe ever queen and went on only to be flank charged by a unit of spearmen and then it was down to four squads of clan-
    rat's and a warlord but half of them were cut down by a feroucious turn of being shot at by lots of archers and repeater bolt throwers. followed by a disasterous turn of charges and fighting i was with only 10 clanrats and they ran off the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I found is by using your slaves as a shield for your warplightning canon/s the skaven can really kick butt. I take 20 slaves in a unit w/slings. Place them close to your canon and slowly start maneuvering them around to take the charge of the enemy. Their cheap, they normally get to stand and shoot, and you dont have to worry about frying them with your canon because, well let's face it, their slaves. Their days were numbered anyway! hehehe. Usually 2-3 units of slaves does the trick. Dont forget though, you can't get more than you have clanrat units. Here's a good 2000pt army you can tinker around with.

Skaven
    (2000 pts)

Warlord (16
    Warpstone Amulet; Warplock Pistol, Warpstone Armour, Shield

Warlock Engineer (145)
    Warplock Pistol, Warpblades, upgraded warp energy condenser, supercharged accumulator; Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer (145)
    Warplock Pistol, Warpblades, upgraded warp energy condenser, supercharged accumulator; Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer (60)
    Death Globes

25 Clanrats Warp Fire Thrower 200
    25 Clanrats Ratling Gun 185
    25 Clanrats 'RG' 185
    25 Clanrats 125

5 Poisoned Wind Globadiers 50

20 Slaves w/slings 80
    20 Slaves w/slings 80
    20 Slaves w/slings 80

5 Jezzails 100
    5 Jezzails 100

Warp Lightning Canon 100
    Warp Lightning Canon 100

I massacred a High Elf army with it. only lost 1 unit of clanrats and one unit of slaves.
    Doom, Doom, Doom,
    it seems to endlessly say...all will fall, all will be ruinous,
    Doom, Doom, Doom.

+ Reply to Thread