Tyranid + Skaven? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid + Skaven?

So with the new book I though it would be cool to do a Moulder List. I was thinking of how to model the Hell Pit Abomination, and I thought the coolest way would be to used a Carnifex as the base, and work and add stuff to it to make it "Skaveny", and then I thought of other ways to make my Army mutated...and then I kept thinking of Tyranids... so I was wondering if you guys thought that it would be possible.

Ideas
    -Use Hormagaunt/ Genestealer arms and add them to the Clanrats instead of using Hand Weapons (can also work with some Storm Vermin)
    -Use bitz from Tyranid Warriors to mix up Rat Ogres and make them unique.
    -Use spare Rippers to help bulk up Giant Rat Units (anything can happen with genetic mutations )
    - I also had an Idea for a Character using the new Queek as a Base, and then adding extra Hormagaunt arms to make him like the Champion Mutant of the Army (not the General, I want my lord riding an Orge)

I don't own any Tyranids or Skaven nor have I seen them side by side and I am just a little worried that they might not be preportionate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an army of Tyranids and had the privilege to mount the clanrats for my local GW shops...

First of all I think your idea is great!!! I like innovation

I hope u are prepared to use a lot of green stuff...

- The new clanrats (and slaves) models are very tiny...use the entire arm instead of the "natural one" would be really too big...but changing only the hand could be good

- Rat Ogres + Warrios should be ok...

- To use rippers as you describers, I would suggest to add them at least some green fur...

- Finally, the Carnifex is pretty big, and totally not skaveny...you should put a lot of effort to transform him (changing head, arms and a lot of fur)...good luck with this one!!!

I'm waiting for updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an army of Tyranids and had the privilege to mount the clanrats for my local GW shops...

- The new clanrats (and slaves) models are very tiny...use the entire arm instead of the "natural one" would be really too big...but changing only the hand could be good

- To use rippers as you describers, I would suggest to add them at least some green fur...

- Finally, the Carnifex is pretty big, and totally not skaveny...you should put a lot of effort to transform him (changing head, arms and a lot of fur)...good luck with this one!!!

I'm waiting for updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy Sh*t talk about quadruple posting

I was just thinking about how it would work and thought to myself, "My god how awesome that idea is, I should definetlly use it."

So yeah, I would like to use this for the model if it is ok with you. I was also thinking that you would need to green stuff the exoskeleton together and then make green stuff fur. You could use some of the tyranid arms but only the weapon hands and they would also need to be green stuffed. Could also use the plague lord nurglitch's giant rat mounts head. Could probably use some diffrent legs, though I am not quiet sure what to use. Any Ideas?
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder. We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think making tentacles out of green stuff. Have the torso in the back and make the tentacles look like they're dragging it along the ground. It all depends on what size base you use though. The Giants base is longer than it is wide and for this idea I think that would be best.

Cheers
    Doom, Doom, Doom,
    it seems to endlessly say...all will fall, all will be ruinous,
    Doom, Doom, Doom.

+ Reply to Thread