skaven clan pestilens in new skave book - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

skaven clan pestilens in new skave book

hi, since the new skaven are coming out i decided to start playing them again. i relly like clan pestilens and i bought lauge lord nurglitch to be my army general. since the new book is coming out , i was wondering if the lustria army lists would still be tourny legal ( valid ). i know i can just use the model as a plauge priest on a giant rat but i really would like to use him as nurglitch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Unfortunately, with the release of the updated Army Book the Lustria list is no longer legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that mean that the nurglitch model will be put out of production and become obsolete or will he still be in production, because GW still has nurglitch in the skaven lords and heroes section of there skaven page and he is near the top of the page, above al the new characters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I'm pretty sure, but not certain, that Nurglitch is a Special Character in the new army book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    I'm pretty sure, but not certain, that Nurglitch is a Special Character in the new army book.
    Unfortunately he isn't, which sucks but the model is VERY useable, due to a giant plague rat mount for the Priests. In fact the old Lustria list I used often is pretty obsolete with this list.

Of the characters specifically this clan there is: Lord Skrolk (Lord choice, obvious but you know people). He is it, but he really does rock and makes Plague Monks core if he is the general.

Skrolk is formidable, and cheap enough to not be a burden on a Horde army.

-K
    Last edited by Stunted_Merc; November 6th, 2009 at 06:42.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stunted_Merc View Post
    Unfortunately he isn't, which sucks but the model is VERY useable, due to a giant plague rat mount for the Priests. In fact the old Lustria list I used often is pretty obsolete with this list.

Of the characters specifically this clan there is: Lord Skrolk (Lord choice, obvious but you know people). He is it, but he really does rock and makes Plague Monks core if he is the general.

Skrolk is formidable, and cheap enough to not be a burden on a Horde army.

-K
    Thanks for the correction. In this case, I do know that the Giant Rat is a mount option in the new Army Book, so the model is still very usable. There should also not be a reason, with a little conversion work, why you couldn't use the Nurglitch model to represent Skrolk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

True enough, and it's still a great model overall. I plan to pick it up myself and do a little conversion work on it just to have a personal touch, I am picky about that when it comes to my heroes and troops. Trying to see if I can build an artillery heavy Pestilence list right now, see how it'll work.

So far my idea is two Plague Catapults, a Grey Seer with the Plague list on the giant machine of pimpness, a fair few units with Plague Mortars and the like. I doubt it can compete with other armies of this type, but it seems fun to experiment with at least.

-K

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

I still get nightmares as I came up against Skrolk back "in the day" when my High Elves got well and trully annihilated in the first battle I played against a friend's skaven (I was expecting to play vs his Wood Elves..) - Snitch and Skrolk were in the list and cause no end of harm to my precious units...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by kithre View Post
    I still get nightmares as I came up against Skrolk back "in the day" when my High Elves got well and trully annihilated in the first battle I played against a friend's skaven (I was expecting to play vs his Wood Elves..) - Snitch and Skrolk were in the list and cause no end of harm to my precious units...
    Sorry to say, but Snitch is a hero and Skrolk is a Lord so it's possible you might deal with that annoyance once more. ASF won't even work on Snitch really, he has ASF with I-10. But he is like over 200 points, a heavy investment for a glorified character killer.

In our semi-small gaming group my main opponents will be: Dwarfs, High Elves, VC, and TK. When my other friend comes back from college I can throw O&G into the mix. I think Pestilence will do well against these particular forces but you never know, I'll try and record my experiences up on here when my force is ready.

-K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast