Good Combo Units - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Combo Units

Just wondering about some units that can help destroy certain armies.

One example I have heard of often being the plague cauldron with a unit of plague monks that apparently are really good.

So anyone find any really good combos any of you have found out? Please share your combos and include a good place to use such a combo.

P.S. Magic item combos for characters are also OK for this.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder. We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Plague Priest with a Plague Censer on a Plague Furnace in a unit if Plague Monks (seeing a theme?) with the Banner of the Under Empire.

Unbreakable, MR2, Frenzied little buggers. Any units touching the Furnace take D6 toughness tests plus any models in BtB will take more from the Priest's censer. Also, thanks to the Banner, any unit touching the Monks will take 2D6 S2 hits. All of this happens before combat! Combine with the new Lore of Plague spell Wither (-1T for a unit all game, not RiP) and you can destroy entire units before they swing.

Effing win.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering as I kept thinking about this, does the toughness test also happen to the unit accompanying the cauldron?
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder. We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Yep, but they only take a wound on a 6 since they're Pestilens. It also helps that they only cost 7 points apiece.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

The combination of having 4 plague monks (or 3 plague and 1 grey seer) and spamming Wither and Gift of YouNowHavePoison everywhere. 4 hits of Wither destroys any unit (GG Temple Guard + Slann deathstar ) with some only needing 3 (Black Guard are sad pandas).

Easy to cast perminant buffs/debuffs are stupidly awesome. A unit of Monks with an ungodly number of attacks poisoning on 5+? Enough to even make that DE lord with Penant of Overpowered Ward Saves scared.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    Enough to even make that DE lord with Penant of Overpowered Ward Saves scared.
    Inorite? My chaos can't touch that guy because EVERYTHING is Str 5. But with Skaven, reducing T and causing T tests all over the place will outright murder that jerk. "what's the strength on that hit?" "oh there's no strength, you're just wounded."
    Last edited by BrockSamson; November 14th, 2009 at 19:16. Reason: SP
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Well, besides Pestilins units, I'm a big fan of this Unit:

Warlord on Bonebreaker Rat Ogre (haven't checked out magic items list enough to know what to equip him with) in a unit of Stormvermin w/ shields & Full Command. Champion decked out to the max, carrying banner of the Under Empire. Maybe throw a BSB chieftain into the unit as well.

Units will think twice before charging into the front of them. Don't even use the halberds, take the 3+ armor save and let the Lord get the kills.

I'm probably also going to use this unit and a similar unit to the one ==Me== listed. Both of these units together are going to be pretty scary.
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Am I the only one who's thinking of using the Fellblade Warlord in a unit of tunnelling gutter runners/night runners (can I attach characters to those units)?

Rat charges steam tank. Boomshakalaka.

Or just run into a unit, challenge, and overkill whatever poor unit champion/character that steps up by like 9.
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

And!

And, every now and again, the whole lot will go horribly wrong. The plague priest will slay all of the plague priests in B2B contact. That unit of knights will get lucky or you will find your self stranded in the middle of nowhere as your opponent slaughters your nasty unit from afar...

Chuckles.

Good thing you can still have masses of troops to support this contraption as it is lovely and cheap cheap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Plague Priest with a Plague Censer on a Plague Furnace in a unit if Plague Monks (seeing a theme?) with the Banner of the Under Empire.

Unbreakable, MR2, Frenzied little buggers. Any units touching the Furnace take D6 toughness tests plus any models in BtB will take more from the Priest's censer. Also, thanks to the Banner, any unit touching the Monks will take 2D6 S2 hits. All of this happens before combat! Combine with the new Lore of Plague spell Wither (-1T for a unit all game, not RiP) and you can destroy entire units before they swing.

Effing win.
    I have a question here actually Does the unit pushing the furnace take an additional toughness test due to the priest's censer. Ie do they take two tests, one from the furnace and one from the priest, or just the one from the furnace?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast