New to GW games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to GW games

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

New to GW games

I am a former warmachine Cygnar/Merc player. I don't like the models in 40k verse. However, I do like a lot of the fantasy setting models(skaven, Tomb Kings). I'm thinking of trying a Skaven army, but I seen a couple of posts that this army isn't too good for beginners. What lists would you recommend for a beginner?

2. Remove Advertisements

2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x3)

First off, welcome!

Secondly, its okay. You don't have to worry about it being good for beginners or easy to play. All you have to worry about is that the little rat men are what you want to play with.

Grab an army book. Read it and figure out what you really like about the rat men. Let the brain juices flow a little. Then maybe grab a battalion box. It seems like a good place to start. Honestly though, just start going for things you like and not "the sure-fire win". Heaven knows skaven don't have a "sure-fire" anything. ^_^
    I really need to focus on a single army...
    Orkz: 3000 pts. Slaaneshi Chaos: 2500 pts.
    Ultramarines: 1250 pts. Necrons: 1000 pts.
    Eldar: 1000 pts. Tau: 1000 pts. Dark Angels: 550 pts. Grey Knights: 450 pts

+ Reply to Thread