Lord Skrolk - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lord Skrolk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord Skrolk

OK, when i first saw him, i was like cool, a rock hard choppy, casty lord that lets me take Plague monks as core, whats not to love!

then I looked again, no armour, no ward, no regen. WTF?
    nearly 500pts on a character that you don't really want to risk in CC? sure he has T5 & good (but not awesome) choppy power, but put him against a decently armoured enemy lord (or even hero, heck even charging cav) and suddenly he's in a fair amount of trouble.

So what are people experiences in using him, cause atm I'm looking at the Vermin Lord (partially just to be different!), and just taking slaves as core...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

If you've got him and 2-3 Furnaces running around, he can hide fairly easily behind them on in a unit of Clannies or whatever. He is fragile, but Monks as Core is so handy.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Surely you can just abuse the verminous valour and lead from the back special rules. He wont have to fight except for when you want/need him to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Once & Future Git View Post
    OK, when i first saw him, i was like cool, a rock hard choppy, casty lord that lets me take Plague monks as core, whats not to love!

then I looked again, no armour, no ward, no regen. WTF?
    nearly 500pts on a character that you don't really want to risk in CC? sure he has T5 & good (but not awesome) choppy power, but put him against a decently armoured enemy lord (or even hero, heck even charging cav) and suddenly he's in a fair amount of trouble.

So what are people experiences in using him, cause atm I'm looking at the Vermin Lord (partially just to be different!), and just taking slaves as core...
    T5 is nothing to sniff at on a wizard character who can fight, and who happens to cause Terror as well. Taking Plague monks as core means that the vast majority of your army will be frenzied little vermin that can easily deal with most enemies, and being ItP whilst frenzied is great as that deals with terror causers and Fear causers you are fighting as well...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put him in a unit of censor bearers and have that unit be on the flank of a Plague furnace and there ya go, a sweet flanker with the support of his unbreakable underlings.

take 2 furnaces....and if you really want to blow somebodies mind put two furnaces in one unit lol... mmm mmm cheese

+ Reply to Thread