doomflayer?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: doomflayer??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doomflayer??

hey guys... i got the new skaven codex and everything but the info its got about the doomflayer is lacking to say the least. could somebody please tell me the doomflayers stats: movement, leadership, wounds etc.- id really appreciate it

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it has the same stats as the other weapons teams, but with a 3+ armour save

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of my weapon teams is always a doom-flayer, a 3+AS and a 4+WS is a great save, most lords dont have that. and they really bring home the hand to hand phase when you are looking for those extra combat res points, as long as you get like 4, 6, 8 or 10 hits. they auto hit so thats great and the missfire chart isnt TOO bad and they are tied for the cheapest. the S3 impact hits seem kind of silly though.

i have found the ratling gun and doom flayer to be the best in my opinion, the mortar isnt all that great, when i can just take a catipult for 25 pts more get a better miscats table and better template and way better model (survivability wise). and the warpfire thrower i would only take if i was certain they were going to have giant blocks for me to rain S5 templates on. but against anykind of shooting the Doom-flayer is the only one who really stands a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually the exact opposite. I love the mortar which is just as likely to wound as the plague catapult but always has the same chance to wound no matter what the opponents toughness. Admittedly it does have shorter range but I think this is offset by being able to move and shoot.

I also love the warpfire thrower. It has incredible damage potential if the enemy gets too close.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the other weapon teams just die so easily as soon as your opponents figure out they all theyhave to aim one unit of archers at them, only one wound means they die oh so fast without a good armor save...

...but i am taking warp fire throwers in the next few games, facing high elves and lizardmen, i wanna burn big blocks

they all have thier uses, just depends on the general and the tactics he wishes to use.

+ Reply to Thread