giant rat modeling - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

giant rat modeling

So my goal sometime in the near future would be to start a skaven army. I love the clan moulder fluff, and the modeling potential of the skaven army in general. With that in mind, the army would be giant rat heavy.

This is where you come in. I want to model my units of giant rats to make them appear as a horde or a wave rats, much like how the fluff portrays them. When ive seen people do units of giant rats in the past it never seems to get this effect. So my question to you guys is how do you think i could best achieve this goal.

Should i use different basing techniques (rock, cork, etc.), should i add more giant rats per base (is this even legal?), should i use the 'four base' bases. Im up for any and all suggestions, pics would be great but verbal ideas would be awesome too.

While im at it, would a clan moulder list be viable in current 7th edition? I would prolly have to bend the fluff rules to take some scrolls or a few warplock engineers so i could have a magic phase. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by Torone_xii; February 4th, 2010 at 17:03. Reason: 2nd question
    ...and you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around, thats what its all about.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Well you certainly can model them however you like. Put as many on a base as you feel like. I am modeling mine currently with all types of basing material to elevate them up, and will probably double up on a few bases to give the sense of a ravening mass.

Moulder seems pretty solid this go round, Hellpit is great, giant rats are ace, haven't had a go with rat ogres yet, but they seem decent at least.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent plaed WHFB in a long time, like since 5th edition. So i really have no idea.

But rat ogres w/ Skweel or whatever sounded pretty supreme. Run a block of those up the middle, and a few huge blocks of giant rats on the sides and some hellpits on the flanks, this is kinda what i envisioned for my army.
    ...and you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around, thats what its all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Giant Rat packs of larger size, really can be a force to be reckoned with, IF you get Death Frenzy off on them. Otherwise, smaller units seem to be doing nice for a myriad of uses.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bless with filth seems like a fun spell to cast on a large unit of giant rats as well.

+ Reply to Thread