Librarium Online Forums banner

New to skaven looking for army list help?

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Murdoch 
#1 ·
i have a battalion so at the moment i can muster 40 clanrats 20 plague monks 2 rat ogres 3 pack masters
6 giant rats i am aiming for around 650pts i you feel i need to add more to my force, feel free to tell me what i should get. i have no theme in mind so don't hold back

help needed ASAP :fingers-crossed:

thanks grey seer trikk

#4 ·
I mean he kills lots of things (sometimes your guys too but hey, thats skaven for ya)

I've seen lots of nice conversions for the HPA, pretty much anything you come up with will work. Giant with Rat Ogre head and bits, Hydra with rat heads... whatever you like ^_^ That's one of the great things about him.

Also are you looking to ADD 650 pts to your army or trying to build an army thats around 650 points total? Cause he's too expensive for the latter.

#5 ·
If you're not the greatest at conversions, a common model for the Hell Pit is the huge zombie like Rat from "The Caller" set in nercomunda. It's not very expensive ($35 USD) and comes with an addition model. Since it's Games Workshop made it's also fully legal in store games. That's what I use for my Hell Pit, he was one of the first models I ever used with my skaven and I am really impressed with the model in relation to the rest of the army.

As for what to add? 3 Words, "Island of Blood. 8th gives us another rank and hordes so you can never have enough models. The island of blood set gives you about as much as the battalion but with more fun stuff thrown in like the well needed leadership the battalion is missing. That would also give you the mini 8th rulebook if you don't already have the full one, plus a bunch of elves you can trade/sell for more rats!

Hope that helps

#9 ·
My advice is simply to get more points. 650 points is an extremely low point value and you will probably get little to no opponents who r willing to play you. Buy another battalion or island of blood when it comes out. An average skaven army should have 250 to 350 models if you're playing horde.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.