New to SKAVEN AND FANTASY - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to SKAVEN AND FANTASY

so i am getting into fantsy and decided to get into the skaven so far i have:

88 clan rats
    2 rat ogres ( i think these will be my favorites and hope to get more down the road)
    1 warlord
    1 warlock engineer
    1 skaven master moulder
    1 warpfire thrower
    1 poison wind mortor
    31$

lol dont even have the codex yet
    so i will probably get that with the 31$
    but what i really want to know are tactics, good equiptment choices for my heroes clan rats and every thing else, what should i get next a battalion another island of blood to split or other thing like a bell a doom wheel, is it a good idea to do a 10x5 with clan rats, should i make and abomination thing

so as you can see i need help i somewhat know how to play thanks to the beast of war on youtube
    so thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Read some of the posts on this site and other sites, you'll start to get a good idea of what's what. Buy the Codex asap, and get a copy of the Rules. It's not worth owning models until you have those.

Everything you have is fine. Clanrats should be run deep, so they stay in the fight longer. So instead of 10x5, you'd want 5x10. Also, use Clanrats as Slaves, because those are probably the best Core in the entire game. You'll understand once you read the rules and the book, until than most advice won't make a lot of sense.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not 100% sure but dont rat ogres lack in all aspects? They get no armour save and their low weapon skill and mediocre toughness is a bit disappointing. However I could be wrong, but whats so good about them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the rat ogres r supposed to be uber awesome pownage based on what a friend said but u need to run them with some special character packmaster who give them a boost of some sort

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright I was wondering in general because I hear ppl rave about them, but I dont seem to have much luck with them
    "I'll have a steak and donut sandwich"
    "Do you want cigarettes on that?"
    "What do I look like? A Mary? Of course I want cigarettes!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Rat Ogres are fine on their own. Good cost, good Str, lots of attacks. Toughness and saves are for units that get shot or swung at, which rat Ogres don't They go in the flanks and barely take any hits, they march behind Slaves for cover, or under a Storm banner, or after a group of Gutter Runners has ruined some shooters.

T4 is hardly fragile anyway.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    Rat Ogres are fine on their own. Good cost, good Str, lots of attacks. Toughness and saves are for units that get shot or swung at, which rat Ogres don't They go in the flanks and barely take any hits, they march behind Slaves for cover, or under a Storm banner, or after a group of Gutter Runners has ruined some shooters.

T4 is hardly fragile anyway.
    But they can't hide behind slaves etc. anymore because of the treu sight rule right? Don't know sure don't have the book here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Depends how tall the Slaves are compared to the Rat Ogres, TLoS has it's loopholes as did the previous LoS rules. You can now model for an advantage, if you wish. I'd say a standard Clanrat model covers about 50% of a Rat Ogres though, especially the Isle of Blood ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

So i can bassically base my clanrats on a huge mountain to block LoS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

If you like, it's not ethical but it's legal. I find your standard Clanrat covers half of a Rat Ogre just fine, and I use a lot of different models for Slaves (Zombies, Night Goblins) that are even taller.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast