Assassins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assassins

I've got a question for my fellow rats out there.

Why no assassins?

I rarely ever see them in a list. I have not been playing the dirty rats for very long, so i myself have never taken one. They seem a tad expensive... But what about you oh experienced rat one? What are your tried and tested reasons for leaving him home in his tunnel?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have never used one because i play 1000pts, i usually go for a plague priest and because he 120pts!

For 120pts you could get 35 giant rats and 2 pack masters!(121pts)

Aren't able to justify there cost, in my opinion. May get one in larger games,not sure.

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

I play a minimum game size of 1500+ for the Skaven. The reason I don't take assassins is because of their cost, which is at least 120 points. I would only suggest taking one when leading Night/Gutter Runners. If you're going to spend points on an Assassin, get a good one i.e. Deathmaster Snikch. Not only does he look cool, he has awesome abilities and stats which makes him a perfect little surprise when an enemy attacks a 'weak, vulnerable' unit, and suddenly he pops up, duels the opponents character and (usually) wins the duel, with his 6 attacks at a crazily high weapon skill. Malekith of the Dark Elves, which is the equivalent of a Vermin Lord for the Skaven, only gets 4 attacks, and costs much more!

Really I wouldn't take an Assassin unless it is the Deathmaster, or I have one Night Runner and at least one Gutter Runner unit in my army.

At least an Assassin is more popular than Tretch Craventail...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to field one in last nights game. I failed to match him against a enemy character and he died horribly when his unit got overrun...
    "The ones with lingon och skit" - Andusciassus

+ Reply to Thread