Screaming Bell - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screaming Bell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screaming Bell

So in a 2000 point list, is a screaming bell worth the 200 points? or is that better spent buying more clanrats and whatnot?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

A Screaming Bell is never worth the points in any competitive list. Not only is it far to random, but most of the effects are pretty terrible. It also gets your Grey Seer killed faster than if he was on foot, which is horrible for a Skaven army.

They're meant for fun lists only.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

The Screaming Bell with Grey Seer is a massive points investment, and like the Plague Furnace, shouldn't be used in competitive armies. I don't play competitive though, so here's what I think:

You should only ever field a Screaming Bell in a 2500+ game, and even then you need a boosted unit (i.e. Clanrats with Poisoned Wind Mortar 40+ models) to support it.
    It also intimidates your opponent, which either makes them leave it be, or be shot at with as much weaponry as possible. It is also a good position for your Grey Seer, as on foot he would be targeted and shot down as easily as a slave if he was just on foot alone.

Overall, the bell and the supporting unit will cost at least 700 points. It isn't a necessity to win games, and Grey Seer on foot is perfectly capable hidden in a horde of Clanrats, Stormvermin etc.

Think about it like this: by the time you buy the bell for your list and upgrade your seer, you could have bought 270 Skavenslaves, or 135 Clanrats, and quite frankly, multiple massive hordes is preferable to a makeshift bell with some Warpstone and a Rat Ogre attached to it in a Skaven army.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Vrrmik View Post
    Think about it like this: by the time you buy the bell for your list and upgrade your seer, you could have bought 270 Skavenslaves, or 135 Clanrats, and quite frankly, multiple massive hordes is preferable to a makeshift bell with some Warpstone and a Rat Ogre attached to it in a Skaven army.
    The only problem with that is you probably can't fit that many slaves in your deployment zone . The screaming bell is a contradiction (Wizard and combat ), and contradictions mean easy VPs in Warhammer.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't the 4++/2++ vs magic worth it for the Gray Seer? I'd sure feel safer... Haven't tried yet though.

Whats the consensus on the bell's LD? Can death magic spirit leech affect it?
    From the Nightmares of Mortals, For the Greater Good of the Devourer of Worlds!

+ Reply to Thread