Hell Pit Abomination Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Hell Pit Abomination Question

I was about going to ask if the HPA would be a good idea to take but after reading the "topic of the week" about it & how good it is, my question now is:

Would it be overkill to take 2 or 3 of them in either a competitive game or a friendly game? thanx.

p.s sorry if this question has been asked already.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

2 at the max in friendly games. they are very expensive.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

As a rare choice you'll only have two at most at the best of times. They're good, but some days you'll get the attack result which means you kill very few (Feed, is it?).

They're good for competitive games, but just remember that they will take up around a quarter of your army's points and are vulnerable to flaming attacks (which are increasingly common).

At least with two it increases your odds of having one succeeding (and both failing miserably ).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Also, personally, I think it is much better to take a doomwheel and wlc for basically the same cost. Esp. the cannon. If you are willing to spend 500 points on rare, 2 cannons and 2 doomwheels (one on each flank) works best.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Vrrmik View Post
    Also, personally, I think it is much better to take a doomwheel and wlc for basically the same cost. Esp. the cannon. If you are willing to spend 500 points on rare, 2 cannons and 2 doomwheels (one on each flank) works best.
    Aye. I'm opting for 2 Doomwheels and one cannon. Ranged damage is always useful, particularly when you can get mercenary and position the Doomwheel in a suitable place to assassinate a character (Hurrah for pre-measuing ).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Cool so take 2 of them because i was wondering whether to take them or not thanx.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one works fine too in my opinion

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

One option that does work is a HPA on the strong enemy flank, the Doomwheel on the weak enemy flank, and the WLC to blow them up from long range.

I would still go with 2 Doomwheels and 1 or 2 WLCs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

The HPA is quite a good unit, but I believe expensive for what it does.

Its not going to stop a dragon or a steam tank like a WLC would, or mow through unit after unit like a doomwheel (if not destroyed).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no real misfire chart with the HPA, although last game i did roll triples for its move TWICE! AHHH but even feed is good, does D3 wounds (killing characters/monsters), plus his impact hits, and against infantry he has thunderstomp attacks. yeah hes pricey but 2 is enough to make any opponent cry CHEESE!!

support these 2 guys with some stormvermin, and doom flayers, and rat ogres = death to most other armies...just remember to rush!!!

+ Reply to Thread