New Warplightning Cannon Model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like the new Warplightning Cannon model?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 70.97%
  • No

9 29.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

New Warplightning Cannon Model

... do you like it?

I don't really like it. I only though they'd update the rats' look and make it plastic, but now it has all this woody stuff and is mounted on a base

Apologies to Mr Wayne for me hijacking his thread with this question

The Warlord

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Warlord,

I agree with you....i dont like the new look either....way to much wood and not a real "cannon" look to me. The old model has its drawbacks to but at least it looks like a cannon .

Like the Doom-Flayer, the Warp-Grinder and the Plague Catapult though....nice models.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

I reckon they did every kit (especially Ikit Claw) right, but the combo plastic one. The WLC ain't cannony enough, and there isnt enough sludge on the Plagueclaw Catapult. Plus, the Plagueclaw's model looks like the kind of model that will look really out-dated in a few years.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Vrrmik View Post
    I reckon they did every kit (especially Ikit Claw) right, but the combo plastic one. The WLC ain't cannony enough, and there isnt enough sludge on the Plagueclaw Catapult. Plus, the Plagueclaw's model looks like the kind of model that will look really out-dated in a few years.
    Extra sludge that difficult to model on, eh?

The new WLC looks ok. I'll stick with the old one I bought a couple of months ago, but I wouldn't say I dislike the new one.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Well I suppose not

It looks OK, I'll give it that. It's just that the design isn't really what you would expect for a cannon. Then again, we are talking about Skaven here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it just looks way to small for any kind of weapon
    im not keen on the catapult to be honest

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I do, actually.
    It reminds me of the early spy movies, where you see the main evil character unveiling his plans while his ultimate weapon rises into place. Once it stops, he gives off his evil laugh...
    The model is a bit woody, though, but you need to remember the frame is for both the cannon and the catapult.
    Last edited by SheBeast76; January 1st, 2011 at 02:33. Reason: Correction

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Being a combi set is awesome!

The only thing I don't like about it is that it is too woody. And true cannons don't come with a base, but again, that's because it is a combi set.

An evil spy, eh? Interesting...
    It actually is kind of like that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

It's a vast improvement over the last one in my opinion. The wooden base is different, but it doesn't seem out of place compared to the rest of the army (I think they based it after the screaming bell/plague furnace). The one thing I don't like is using the big rock of warpstone as a counterweight on the catapult. Then again, if it was painted like an ordianry rock it might look better.

So yeah, they could've done better, but I'll use the model if I get a Skaven army.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it, I don't mind the wood at all, the only thing the catapult part does look kinda silly. The fact that its a combi set is great, and the plastic part is great. The only thing I'm wondering about is can you convert it easily back and forth between the two if you were to use magnets?
    "I'll have a steak and donut sandwich"
    "Do you want cigarettes on that?"
    "What do I look like? A Mary? Of course I want cigarettes!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast