warplightning/plaugeclaw and gutter runners - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

warplightning/plaugeclaw and gutter runners

ive had the plaugeclaw/warplightning kit sitting on my desk for a week now and i still cant decide which to build and im looking for your input im sorta leaning towards the cannon but both are good so i just dont know.

also i was wondering how i would go about converting clanrats into gutter runners. i was thinking greenstuff hoods molding another hand weapon on from spears. after that i was just gonna say its under their robes. so does anyone have anytips?

for the emperor,for the great maw,blood for the blood god,
    armies:guard,ogres,40k daemons,skaven
    for the horned rat!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I had that same problem 2 days ago.
    I decided upon the WLC.
    My reasoning:

It is way more accurate
    It also used a template (a little smaller)
    but all model in the path of the cannon blast also take hits (makes a bit up for the smaller template, and use this to your advantage)
    but the big bonus: D6 wounds. Great character/monster killer, but also very handy on those pesky deamons with 2 or more wounds.

The catapult has a big template, but goes of course 5 times out of 6. And is only S2. The panic rule is less interesting due to BSB rerolls.

Conversion: I have converted some night runners to gutter runners. It is easier.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

The night runner kits - With cloaks = gutter runners for me.

I went for the plague catapault, although I was sorely tempted by the WLC. I love my plague monks and the Plague Priests, and the reliability, It just fits in better although there is not much in it really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the reason i wanted to convert them out of clanrats is that i have 10 left over from the rest of my army. i dont have the money to to buy nightrunners (dam hellpit) and i was was asking for tips from clanrats. if i get money anytime soon ill buy some and ill use your advice

also is it looking like a cannon then?
    for the emperor,for the great maw,blood for the blood god,
    armies:guard,ogres,40k daemons,skaven
    for the horned rat!!!!!

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

That's what it looks like with most people TBH, - you get to keep the monk heads for warlock engineer conversions too (although the catapult mean spare wheels if done right)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote goes for the WLC as well, as my experience with it is far more satisfying. If you aim the correct distance, you can do some damage to ranked units, but at the same time be scary for multi wound units.

Night runners are the way to go for gutter runners, as the gutter runner metal minis look almost exactly the same as the plastic night runner kits. Converting them from clanrats would be just plain hard, as one of their arms is built right into the body. Besides, theres always room for more clanrats in any army.

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

WLC is da bomb! Not only is it more effective, but it is also much more random and fun to play. I wouldn't go a game without one... or two

I use my Night Runners for Gutter Runners, because I never take both in a game. Don't bother trying to convert them from Clanrats. Save up some cash, and buy a box. It's much easier than converting with Clanrats.

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Sorry, double post

+ Reply to Thread