Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey there. So im going to make a Pestilens/moulder themed army, since those clans are my favs. Im not really an expert at making army lists so i would need some help with that.
On the moulder side of the army i'd like lots of slaves, giant rats, rat ogres and some stormvermin.
Pestilens side, plague monks, plague priest, plague furnace, some globadiers?
I'm really bad at making a decent army list so could someone help me out?
P.S: Since i'm not going to have skryre toys in my army, would i need to get a grey seer and a plague priest in the army so i can at least have some ranged stuff?
Oh yeah, and since i'll play with this army in tournaments when i've gotten better at WHFB it would have to be kinda competetive too. Not cheesy though :3
P.S.S: If any warmachines, i would go with plagueclaw catapult and plaguewind mortar since theyre pretty pestilens IMO
Thank you in advance for any help!
Last edited by Mr. X; January 30th, 2011 at 21:22.
Hmm, 2000 points, eh? The thing is, if you want your army to be more Skaveny, you can't have Grey Seers and Plague Priests in the same force. Anyway, this is the best I could do:
Throt the Unclean = 225
Plague Priest on a Plague Furnace with Blade of Nurglitch and additional hand weapon = 297
Battle Standard Bearer with Great Weapon = 74
4 x 43 Slaves = 400
29 Stormvermin with Shields and Standard Bearer with Great Banner of Clan Superiority (BSB goes here) = 272
30 Giant Rats with 6 Packmasters = 138
6 Rat Ogres with 3 Packmasters (Throt the Unclean goes here) = 268
40 Plague Monks = 280
Plagueclaw Catapult = 100
TOTAL = 2000
I hope this helps.
PERFECT! Thank you very much dear sir!
Yep, that looks pretty good - a couple of teeny weeny little tweaks
- drop one slave from each unit and add a musician (if anything just to lose draws, or reform bonus if required)
- drop the plague priests additional HW - you don't get a extra attack with the hand weapon
- I would endorse not giving the BSB a great weapon (and that's it). In fact, it would be a waste of his great Init, and he needs to be survivable (as a no 1 target for the opponent) I'd recommend a shield - make his save 4+ and 6+ ward (with hand weapon) for peanuts, but he can also get a magic standard / equipment. I did a guide to the battle standard bearer recently on the skaven forums
and.. the points don't fit exactly erm.. 43 x 4 skaven slaves aren't 400 points... erm use the spare points to buy the musicians, more slaves, a war banner etc.
Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; January 31st, 2011 at 12:37.
What about this list:
Throt The Unclean - 225p
Chieftain, storm banner, Halberd - 72p
Plague Priest, Plague Furnace, Blade of nurglitch, Portent Of Verminous Doom - 315p
40x Skavenslaves, musician, fangleader - 85p
40x Skavenslaves, musician - 82p
39x Stormvermin - 273p
50x Giant Rats, 3 packmasters, Skweel - 274p
6x Rat Ogres, 3 packmasters - 264p (Throt joins here, RO's in core because of Throts special rule)
40x Plague Monks - 280p
Plagueclaw catapult - 100p
Also i was thinking of maybe going all moulder and having a screaming bell pushed by clanrats instead... Would i have enough magic/ranged? Should i keep it Pestilens/Moulder or go only Moulder?
Last edited by Mr. X; January 31st, 2011 at 19:11.
Yep, i see the theme you're doing there, it's all fine i guess
- skavenslaves can't have a fangleader though (3 pts)
- I urge you not to give the BSB a halberd - give him a shield, but if your mind is made up it's made up.
If I had to amend it: Plague monks and Stormvermin get full command (- 50 points)
Drop 4x stormvermin and 2x plague monks = (+ 42 points)
- Drop the halberd and make it a shield on the BSB (phew! i was gonna burst!) = 1 spare
shame no magic banners on the plague monks / stormvermin, but I reckon you're also calculating your purchases with the army, and you can always remove some here and there in later games (war banner and banner of the under empire would need another 50 points... those rat ogres... must not remove ... must resist for theme... )
Whoops! Sorry about the error. It's a good list. If you go full moulder, you'd have to have an army of grey seers and slaves with slings to make up for the little range, which is ridiculous. Thanks for heads up, SCIM (sorry I can't be bothered writing up your full name ). You wouldn't really have a Screaming Bell in a competitive list anyway, especially seeing as it's below 2500 points.
Kay i will add a shield to bsb! Thank you for all the help. Sure did help me a lot! +repped you both
I would probably lose the magic banner on your BSB and would go for protection out of magic item. A BSB is so important for low LD armies.
http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rd-bearer.html (A Guide to the Battle Standard Bearer)
- Here is my guide, There is a argument for a defensive one (with magical equipment, or with a magical banner) - Right now I personally give him a banner but there is a totally equal and decent argument for the magical equipment (defensive) one
- I'll amend the guide a bit later actually, there's a incorrect statement in there (ward saves only stack if magic resistance... oops! I'm not infalliable!) but there's some good ideas for defensive equipment