Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hello everyone. This is my 1st tabletop army ever. I read a lot of threads and tried my best to put something together for a 2500ish point army. Please give me your thoughts and suggestions. I am always open for some criticism.
2 groups of 50 clanrats - standard+shields
1 warpfire thrower
1 poison wind mortar
2 groups of 40 slaves - slings
1 engineer - lv 1 wizard + warpmusket+ warp energy condenser
1 grey seer/screaming bell - warp energy condenser
30 clanrats pushing the bell
10 gutter runners - poison
1 warp lighting cannon
1 chieftain - shield+BSB+extra hand+tail weapon
6 rat ogres/ 3 packmasters...maybe skweel not sure.
Unsure about getting Hell Pit Abom or another warp lighting canon+ doomwheel.
Hi i think your list looks ok. Firstly i would say that maybe make the 2 units of 50 clanrats onto 2 units of 30 clanrats and a unit of 40 clanrats that way you have more units on the table and more chance of flank and rear charging. Secondly i would say that you need a battle standerd be arer. No skaven army is compleat with out one.
And last but not lest i would say that the warp lightning cannon and the doomwheel is good but the hell pit abomination is just worth every point i would say if you can fit it in get the warp lightning cannon and the hell pit abomination and leave out the doomwheel as they can sometimes do more harm to your army than to you oponents.
But that is just what i think. Good luck and let us know what you decied on and how you get on with it.
a few constructive points:
1) BSB can't use a shield and a additional HW - drop the additional HW
2) Squeel is not-so-good in Rat Ogres
3) gutter runners - great with poison, maybe don't need to be so big (come in from the opponents rear too)
4) WE Condenser can't be duplicated - i'd drop the one on the one on the grey seer
5) i'd also swap the engineers musket for a pistol (extra attack and quick to fire)
6) shields and command on the clanrats pushing the bell
and musicians on the slaves
being constructive - looks like a good, solid start
Nice, I am liking the ideas so far. Couple of questions though. 1) why can't the WE condenser be duplicated? 2) Would it be better for me to keep my engineer out of close combat so he can cast lighting every round? 3) Why musicians on the slaves? If they break they do "cornered rats" and then are removed from the game so what benefit do they get from the musician?
2) It's best to keep him out of combat as he's totally unarmored, and dies really quickly (your opponents will pick on him, if they have any sense) That affects your dispells and channeling. And gives away points. I personally do put him in a very solid unit, on the corner (normally 6-7 wide so only 2 on av will be able to attack him) in my stormvermin, to tempt the opponent to charge (and i'll always have a backup - the charging unit should lose as I equip them to win)
3) for the price of only... points you win draws. Or, more importantly (and likely), don't lose draws.
And as a bonus you can attempt to reform then move.
Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; February 17th, 2011 at 22:17.
Well just to keep this updated. I played a game over the weekend and it seemed like it went ok. I say "ok" because in 3 turns, I had miscasted twice and power drained my grey seer from lv 4 to lv 1 and both my WLC's blew themselves up. If not for this, I think I had a strong chance to win. However, I feel like I am going to deploy 1 plague catapult and 1 WLC next time to give a little more variety to my artillery.