Welcome to Librarium Online!
So in about a week i will have 3 sets of skaven from the island of blood. my question is what should I buy after all of this, and what can i do with what i will have from the three sets alone?
1 ) get some clanrats (vary the command) and if possible pick up either HW's or spears from fleabay.
2 ) I REALLY recommend movement trays.
3 ) Maybe a battalion, you don't really need the plague monks in it, but having variety in your rat ogres, and packmasters is nice. (upgrading them = a awful choice)
4 ) Well, what do you like? WLC is recommended, as is HPA. (Warp Lightning Cannon and Hell Pit Abomination)
It's not too far off what i did (Double IOB ) and 2 x batallions, with odds and ends here and there.
# 0 ) GET THIS ASAP - The Army Book. Make a army list (Lots of clanrats with shields / half with spears, full command, etc etc
Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; February 21st, 2011 at 16:53.
1. I know skaven armies need a lot of clanrats, but how much is enough for how much points i will have with these three boxes? Since i play chaos space marines i'm not used to the whole idea of a horde so i got excited when i saw i have 120 clanrats lol.
2. Also, as i said i play 40k, so im not sure how many trays come in one order of movement trays. how much should i have to buy?
3. This one is a maybe, maybe not for me. Not sure yet.
4. I was thinking about getting one of the war machines or the hellpit. I really like all of the war machines they have and was planning on having a good amount of them (if that is a viable thing to do of course).
And to be honest i just jumped into skaven without knowing that much. I saw a friend play them once and i loved it. I also heard from a skaven player at my local shop that said a skaven player can get multiple IoB's and be pretty well off so i did that.
1 ) That's like asking how many marines go in a marine army... down to taste (but there is really no such thing as too many clanrats in a skaven army though )
2 ) I believe there are 8 pairs of corners, you will most likely have spare flooring and 2lengths" - use a razor saw
3 ) I'm doing a guide now
http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-where-go.html (Starting from Island of Blood, What to do and where to go)
4 ) Both are good. Multiple WLC and one HPA would be my feeling on it - it's down to personal choice (and finance) and most likely played game size
- Should a marine player have loads of land raiders? if it works for his list.
and it's quite true and a good start. (guide above )