500 point beginner - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 point beginner

Hi everyone! i'm new to whfb and i started collecting a skaven starting from IoB. I'm actually trying to build a 500 pts army to play against a friend that uses chaos warriors. His army is simple:
    10x warriors of khorne + shields
    10x warriors of khorne + shields
    1x melee hero

I want to show you all the list i've prepared hoping for some comment
    here I go:
    21x clan rats + shields + stendard + ratling = 157,5 pts
    21x clan rats + shields + stendard + ratling = 157,5 pts
    2x Ratogres + 1x master = 88 pts
    1x Engeneer + lvl 1 magician + doom rocket = 95 pts

total = 498 pts

thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list is good for the size of game,

I would swap the rat ogres for a Warp Lightning Cannon (I just don't like Clan Moulder)

Swap the doom rocket for a warp energy condenser and always take warp lightning from the spell list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the answer!
    I though about the condenser but it looks quite unusefull as at this point i can cast only 1 spell and my opponent quite always shots all his dd all at once dispelling it easily unless i shot a double 6.
    I never used the WLC and I'm new about rules so it will be a challenge but actually reading the rulebook i saw how hard is to hit exactly where you want to... as my opponent has only 2 units i though that a cannon would always missfire ^^

the ogres are there to wait behind the clanrats and charge on the flank of the first warrior unit in range: as they've khorne mark they're furious too and they will need to hit the clan rats that are in front of them...

Do you think cannon is precise enough to be a good choice? what about no item for the engeneer and no ogres for 5 jezzails?

thx for answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 Jezzails is only 100pts so you could easily fit them in with out loosing the warlock.

Warplightning cannon fires in a straight line provided you get it right you'll get 2 warriors, get it awesomely right and you'll hit six BUT if it goes wrong it can potentially kill about 30 models i your army :-D but thats what make skaven fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to win, take 10 jezzails and lot's of slaves and a lvl2 warlock engineer with the warp-energy condenser, but that's not very nice for a 500p lists. It's just too much anti-list based and you don't want to play only for winning.

I should recommend 240 slaves with a warlock engineer (that was a joke )

I think your list is pretty good for a 500p list, although I will swap the doomrocket for making you're wizard a lvl 2 wizard. And give you're units musicians. With the 8th ed rules musicians are a lot better than in the 7th ed.
    Those rat ogres are good enough for flanking, having Movement 6.

Just stay back while you're firing him with your ratling guns and warlock, remember he can always switch one of his spells for warp lightning) while you're moving your rat ogres to the side, then flank him with the ogres while you're charging in his front with your rats.

cheerz
    Thou should not play frisbee with a shield drone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for suggestions!

my doomrocket missed the warriors for 2 inches and hitted his general leaving him with 1 wound in the 2° round... pretty good!
    ratlings reduced 1 of his units of warriors from 10 to 4 models before reaching melee. Ogres were so fragile that flanking the 4 warriors they suffered 2 wounds -.- i think i won't play them again... 88 points for them are too much they die too easily! magic phase did nothing serious... something like 1 or 2 kills with a lightening.
    at the end i lost because the other 8 left khorne warriors from the 2° unit reached melee and made 1 of my clan rats flee and i failed every single panic test from that point on consecutively and all my leftover army went out of the table O.o
    that was really a bad thing to experience...

p.s. can't take 10 jezzail because they cost 20 points each and they are special units so i can use only 25% = 125 points in a 500 game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxu86 View Post
    thx for suggestions!

my doomrocket missed the warriors for 2 inches and hitted his general leaving him with 1 wound in the 2° round... pretty good!
    ratlings reduced 1 of his units of warriors from 10 to 4 models before reaching melee. Ogres were so fragile that flanking the 4 warriors they suffered 2 wounds -.- i think i won't play them again... 88 points for them are too much they die too easily! magic phase did nothing serious... something like 1 or 2 kills with a lightening.
    at the end i lost because the other 8 left khorne warriors from the 2° unit reached melee and made 1 of my clan rats flee and i failed every single panic test from that point on consecutively and all my leftover army went out of the table O.o
    that was really a bad thing to experience...

p.s. can't take 10 jezzail because they cost 20 points each and they are special units so i can use only 25% = 125 points in a 500 game
    Special is up to 50% of your army, so you can field them. Rare, heroes and lords are up to 25% and your core have to be more than 25%

So you can field 10 jezzails
    Thou should not play frisbee with a shield drone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea u're right... i still forget the special units percentual...

+ Reply to Thread