What to get next..? Must reach 2250 points.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

What to get next..? Must reach 2250 points..

So my skaven army is still rather small and i'm not quite sure what to get for it. Me and my friends is sometime in the future (Once everyone has big enough army) run a tournament on 2250 points per army and I need alittle help figuring out what to get..

So far I have 60 Clanrats, 1 Chieftan, 1 Warlock Engineer, 20 Plague Monks, 2 Rat Ogres, 1 Packmaster, 1 Poison Wind Mortar, 1 Warp-Fire Thrower, 1 Doomwheel and 1 Warp Lightning Cannon

I'm planning to get a few more Rat Ogres so I'l have 6 of them. Skweel Gnawtooth, A group of Stormvermin and Queek so I'l upgrade his stormvermin and a Hell Pit Abomination (Proxied it a few times to try it, And it single handedly destroyed an entire Vampire Counts army after the rest of my army had gotten compleately whiped out)

But what more should I get? Any help and tips are usefull. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Lo,

Buy more clanrats, and use them as either clanrats or slaves. You want big blocks of clanrats, possibley 50+ and equip with sword and board for a tar pit, and spears if you are going to go horde formtaion 10 wide for some extra attacks. 2 Big units like that should do for now. Slaves, because they cause damage when they fail a break test etc rather than flee, i have found to work best in units 20-30 max.its just enough to get to combat and die, causing damage to all surounding units. They are also useful and cheap to put as the nearest unit to your doomwheel for when it strikes a nearby unit.

You may want 10 more Palgue monks, but im not that up on PM tacs to know if 20 are enough. a PM hero might be worth a look.

If you go Storm Vermin, 30 is a good number, which is why they are sold in boxes of 20... though 40 may be ok later on in bigger games. However you could convert other models and characters with the spare models.

Which leads me on to what you realy need... a model to be your BSB. BSBs have generaly always been ok,but now they are invaluable letting you reroll all your Ld checks. If anything else. Get one of these. The warlord in the Island of blood set makes an excelent bsb.

I would lay off the special war machines and units for now at least untill you build up some solid block units.

Hope this helps.

-Saltrock-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I really like the look of the Stormvermin so I'm planning on getting a group of them together with Queek Headtaker, Then fully upgrade them as Queek's upgraded stormvermin with full command. Seems like a very nice group and I'd like to try it but I'm not sure if it will work so well in 2250 points..

More clanrats I know, Was thinking of getting another 100 clanrats or so, Then I can run them as clanrats or slaves and have enough for it either way.

I never actually used a BSB before and so far I havent really lost much to fleeing, But I do have the Island of Blood stuff, Just need another Warlord or two aswell, so I'l have warlords/chieftans that arent BSB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

I'm not a skavenplayer, but face one regularly. Depending on your enemies, don't go for the upgraded stormvermin (or stormvermin at all). They're expensive, and elite for skaven standards. But those are unfortunately low - the three times I faced them, they were walked over by Swordmasters, Chaos-warriors and Lothern Seaguard, hardly causing casualties. They're simply not *that* good, but give your opponent a fat juicy target to focus shooting and stat-testing spells on, where he can kill more then 3pt rats.
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

Storm Vermin are certainly for those who love the modelmore than just how they play. Personaly i love the new plastics. The most bizzar way i have seen them fielded to effect, is in multiple small units of 10, just so you can take weapon teams. the small units of 10 would then be used as throw away units or units to flank charge against units held in combat by your larger blocks.

This method means they lack the umph that a large unit will have, but also means they are generaly unmolested compared to a single large unit. I dont think i would recomend using them in this way but its worth a try if you fancy a change.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

God damned double post.
    Last edited by saltrock36; July 27th, 2011 at 16:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I really love the look of the Stormvermin, they look awesome, So I'm planning on taking Queek and a group of 20 Stormvermin just to try them out, Fully upgraded and see how they handle.

Though upon looking arround I found a list I made a few months ago for fun just to see what they would cost with a big group.. I had Queek, 39 Stormverim, Full command, Upgraded to Queek's stormvermin, the champion had a extra tail weapon and they had the banner of clan superiority and the total cost was 746 points for the group.. Way too expensive to use, But it would have been fun to test it sometime just to see what it would do.. XD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

one the funnist things to do with skaven is 100 strong slave unit, take one of them and add a cheap hero to make them not run and just throw them at stuff, helps if you get death frenzy off to. Or the the other thing is take 100 clanrats and add a screaming bell and pray for a 13 on the ring the bell roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Hmm.. I'v seen in other places that people recomend a group or two with 10 Gutter Runners and looking at the models, They and the night Runners looks almost the same and are ugly as heck so I was wonderig, Are there any alternative models to use for them or should I get a box of 20 Night Runners to use for 2 groups of Gutter Runners?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

i used the the box of night runners but sadly i find the models annoying when compared to the simpleness of the clanrat and i as i use them sometimes as night runners they need to rank up easily which is easy to forget when building the dam things

+ Reply to Thread