Unbeatable list of poisoned death? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Unbeatable list of poisoned death?

So I think I may have constructed an unbeatable list (I say that with a grain of salt obviously, any list can win on any given Sunday if the dice gods abandon you).

Essentially, it's a big horde (45ish) of clans with a BSB, warlock, and grey seer on foot, a few big blocks of slaves, 2 poisoned wind mortars (with another minimum clan unit), 2 cannons, 2 doomwheels, and a buttload of gutters. Like 40. With an assassin hanging out in one (see my assassin post, he ends caster lords).

I just speed bump the hell out of an army with slaves, the doomwheels go monster hunting and flank guard, the infiltrating gutters hit any ranged/warmachines, the assassin reveal charges the caster general and eats him, and the entire army is shooty death that can't really be dealt with. The beauty is that anything that will die is cheap, and all I have to worry about is my clan horde with 3 heroes. If that avoids combat and lives until the end, half my army is in there. You can't kill that unit with combat if you start turn 5, and even murder the world spells won't chop through 45-50 guys all that effectively. With all that shooting, the enemy is always missing more points.

Has anyone built a list like this? If so, have you lost and how? Is there some trick that i should watch out for opponents use to deal with a skirmishing shooty army of death, or some army book that will give it trouble in general?

Also, I highly suggest trying this list out if you're feeling unfriendly one day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

worst thing i can think of would be high elves. with flames of the phoenix cast on your main unit. theres a bit chance he can cast that on you in round 1-2 if hes smart to place his wiz out of sight of your cannons and run out before he casts.
    big chance you loose every model in the unit by turn 3-4. theres a few things that needs adding up for that to happen, so unlikely but possible. a complete list would help ALOT to help out what to watch out for :-)

never tried a army like that, i prefer not to rely on slaves, they are easily killed/broken. slaves are for dragging heavy stuff not for combat

WoC/DoC might have something to say about it too, with thier high and numerous saves

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothings unbeatable my friend, but i like your Skaven way of thinking!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

Hence the first sentence of my post lol, but yeah I hear ya
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

+ Reply to Thread