Slings!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slings!!

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slings!!

So slings, good weapon descent range. But with slaves??

Deployed 7 Wide 4 deep, 28 models, could they add damage?? I know BS2 is terrible, but better something than nothing?

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

they're throwing weapons so only shooting from the front rank. Thats 7 shots, generating less than 1.5 wounds on T3 models before armour saves - and thats assuming you even get to shoot considering that charge distances are further than your range. Its not worth it in my opinion.
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

I don't see anywhere in the book that throwing weapons only shoot in one rank, it says in the shooting chapter that all shooting is in two ranks, and nothing special under the 'thrown weapons' entry. Also, slings do not count as thrown weapons, and are actually a weapon of their own type, specifically listed in the rulebook. Slings shoot in two ranks.

Still, waddy is right in the fact that it will be very underwhelming. Even a horde firing shots will only have 6-7 hits, turning into 3 wounds against the lowest of the low, and pretty negligible against anything higher than that, or anything with any armor to speak of. The points you used to give that horde slings could have bought you 10 more slaves, another full rank. For them, I'd rather just have bodies.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by BrockSamson View Post
    I don't see anywhere in the book that throwing weapons only shoot in one rank, it says in the shooting chapter that all shooting is in two ranks, and nothing special under the 'thrown weapons' entry. Also, slings do not count as thrown weapons, and are actually a weapon of their own type, specifically listed in the rulebook. Slings shoot in two ranks.
    Stupid me, thinking of the old rulebook... can you tell I hate 8th edition? You are of course correct, they shoot in 2 ranks. Still, less than 3 wounds before armour saves against T3 is terrible.
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair point, its just i found i was wasting time, my slaves stood there and didnt do a whole lot.

As i use 2 mages in 1.5K i always end up with bless with Filth, firing 28 shots with poison, leads to slightly over 4 armour saves

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

You should be moving them up to speed bump enemy melee, they shouldn't live all that long lol
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BrockSamson View Post
    You should be moving them up to speed bump enemy melee, they shouldn't live all that long lol
    I second that, I don't see why you expect slaves to do anything much except allow your shooting and magic to pound the enemy up.

+ Reply to Thread