LO Meet - Ideas, feedback, and thoughts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

LO Meet - Ideas, feedback, and thoughts.

So, for me anyway, nows the time to start getting ideas and thoughts down for next years meet.
    A lot earlier than last years kick off, but I figure if more people know the details sooner, the best they can plan in advance.

So, whats the thread about?
    Basically, I want your feedback from this years meet and Ideas and thoughts you have for meets still to come.
    To be honest, I already have the layout for next years in my head, but I still want to hear from you guys, because without you, there would be no LO Meet. Plus, this will give me chance to look over and try and make next years even better and bigger than this one.

But first, just what do I have planned for next years meet?
    Well, other than the normal, there will be a big game planned. But this time, it'll be planned. The sign up thread for that will go up around the same time the main LO Meet interest threads go up, and it will be limited to a number of players who want to take part, and so they can plan mass army lists well in advance.
    I hope to have it story based to maybe make it more interesting.
    And it will also be moderated by at least one ref to make sure turns are played quickly and on time so that it flows well.

Another thing I will be doing is trying to get more details up in the main threads. Things like maps with locations marked, taxi numbers, hotels, pubs, eating places. Just to make it so that it can be taken down with ease, and so that everyone has something to help them if they get lost or what have you.

On that note, I shall also say what it being dropped. Next year I will not be sorting out evening trips. There were problems with getting people into places and what not this year due to the groups size, so while I would like to do it, I don't think it'll work anymore, especially if the LO meet gets bigger next year. (And considering it has every year its been running so far... )
    So if will be down to you to find evening entertainment, however, this is one reason I want to make the maps up, as you'll have an easier time finding places I hope.

(Note - If theres a band I want to see that just happens to be playing at Rock City on the weekend, I will probably go, and so if thats the case, I will sort out a trip to an event like that, but only if its the case.) - But that doesn't stop people from going themselves even if I don't want to!

So, what else am I thinking of... well there will hopefully be a flag! I'm looking into getting a decent sized double sided flag to take away to events of a wargaming nature... and well just about anywhere really. So hopefully that will happen.

I also had a chat with Kuffy about the possibility of LO Meet T-Shirts which would be different every year, and maybe named.
    It might be possible to get art work done, but this is something I would have to enquire with GW about given their copyright rules.
    The shirts would also be likely made to order... I.E you'd pay me, I get them for you and give him out either at the meet, or I can send them before hand... AGAIN, this is only an idea at the minute, and might not happen.

But yes, please, give me your feedback and thoughts... be it on this years meet, or the ideas that I've talked about above... or both!

Thanks,

Toastee - LO Events.

EVENTS UPDATE!!

Quote Originally Posted by TOASTEE
    Having looked at the dates Im going to set them for the weekend of the 11th, 12th and 13th of July.

Last edited by Karmoon; January 23rd, 2008 at 23:52.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I think the ideas youve already mentioned (big game etc) are pretty good. And sensible to dispense with the planned evening events, although (dependant on numbers) going for a meal on the saturday was a nice touch- gave everyone the chance to talk in a slightly more controlled atmosphere. Having just organised a stag do to dublin though i now realise what a headache it is to have to organise a big group of people, especially if you have people getting lost etc! (guilty, sorry mate!)

I think this years event was excellent, i certainly had a blast and im definatly coming next year.

Ive been trying to think about ideas and i was wondering whether it might be a good idea to have a kind of opponent search system (for people who want to take part) where a random draw is taken to match people up- as someone who went for the first time this year and didnt really know anyone this may be helpful for first timers and get people talking and gaming- obviously some people will have particular games and opponents they want to play, grudge matches and whatnot, but it may get others playing more games who may be reticent to approach strangers (and there are a lot of strangers in LO !)

Just a thought!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Cheers mate and no worries about getting lost. Hehe
    You still got there in the end

I think I'll make a thread when the main ones go up about sorting out single games. Rather than a poll, instead you could include info like army, points, day(s) you'll be attending etc. Maybe that might be ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about this. But is there an age limit of some sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake on LO Chat
    Ignore Tyrannis, he's incapable of thinking about anything aside from Tyranids.
    Official Remembrancer of LO Chat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

Not for the actual event no. You can still come to the meets at Warhammer World.

However, if you were staying at the hotel over the weekend you would have to be aware that people might make their own plans to go out to the cinema or to go to a pub.

There should be more info up some enough. I keep hoping to get it all written out and posted by work and college loads hate me. ;_;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Toastee,

like a mighty eagle swooping to devour brains, the last LO meet was absolutley brilliant.

I have not one complaint about it.
    If we organise it the same way it'll be pretty good I reckon. Swap numbers closer to the time, post up google maps and what not - it should be no problem.

I'm looking forward to it.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Toastee,

like a mighty eagle swooping to devour brains, the last LO meet was absolutley brilliant.

I have not one complaint about it.
    If we organise it the same way it'll be pretty good I reckon. Swap numbers closer to the time, post up google maps and what not - it should be no problem.

I'm looking forward to it.
    And we all hope that you stay for the entire weekend! Or we will lynch you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

indeed, we know where you live! (its infront of a keyboard, its only a matter of time now...)

i can say that i myself will indeed be ready and up for the meet.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

In Father Jack fashion I suggest that we have drink and lots of it.

I'll be up for going as long as I can tag along with our resident dwarf.
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

You know my position on this issue. I love the idea. This will be my third attempt to finally be in the UK at the time of the meet...wish me luck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast