gamers in the chicago land area? please respond - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

gamers in the chicago land area? please respond

hello, just wondering; if i start a gaming club, what would be the best place in the chicago land area to do it. what area has a decent population of gamers in need of a club?

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

There's a lot of peeps in the SW suburbs that are in dire need of a good club. I have a GW 20 min from my house, but for other games around here, there's nowhere to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by zenith_tau View Post
    There's a lot of peeps in the SW suburbs that are in dire need of a good club. I have a GW 20 min from my house, but for other games around here, there's nowhere to play.
    what suberbs in particular(name them) and which GW is nearby you. the only two GWs i know of are the one in gurnee and the battle bunker, but im sure there are others.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's one in Orland Park Mall, that's the one I go to.
    A knife at night is worth ten thousand swords at dawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

The Chicago suburbs are rittled with Games Workshops and rogue traders. I suggest you go to the GW website and look up the find a shop near you section and see for yourself. The suburbs cover quite a large area and it will take upwards of 1 and a half to 2 hours to get from one side to the other depending on traffic and which roads you need to take. Why not tell use where you want to make the club and people can tell you what is in the area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprisingly, the only GW or rogue trader for the city itself is GW-Oak Park.

If you want to start a general gaming store, I'd suggest somewhere around the UI-C campus. Evanston might also be a good place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear god, start a club!!! The GW stores in this area fail so hard. I live in the Joliet/Shorewood/Plainfield area, but have quite a few...well, 4, like minded gamers of all three systems in need of a good group. Plus, there is a nice rouge trader around here with tables that is sorely under-patronized because of GW Shorewood, which I won't even go to anymore.
    I'm Solid Snake...also, I'm a Primarch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I play at the shorewood store every other Wednesday, which has good ppl and I always have a good time there. Why won't you go there anymore Rus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a change in management a while back, and GW sacked/transfered a couple of personal friends of mine. Also, the new manager(Not Matt-bashing! Its just a fact) got rid of vets night, which was my favorite night, and one of the few times my schedule allowed me to go. Also, there are a LOT of under 15-ers. I understand that the kids are important, but they are not my favorite to play around. And when I say I don't "go there" I mean I don't go there for an extended time to sit, paint and play anymore. If I need to pick up Greenstuff, I am not so against the store that I refuse to shop there. Really, aside from a few people, like Genestealer Ron, who is a skilled player, and Golden-Demon Drew(I could list more, and I am not using last names to protect others privacy.) I don't feel like there is a lot to bed had there anymore. Would rather go to Orland, since Todd is a good buddy of mine.

My final reasons is there was a bit of drama, which I tend to avoid, and still needs to blow over. There is a store out here called Patriot games, and the owner is a REALLY good guy, and stocks other games I play. I shop there since I would hate to see that store go, you feel me?

I really don't want to talk about the store beyond a few simple opinions, but if your wondering who I am, think about what Eldar armys have went AWOL as of late.
    Last edited by CraftworldsRus; March 12th, 2008 at 17:07.
    I'm Solid Snake...also, I'm a Primarch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started out going to the Fox Valley mall GW, the staff there is very friendly and helpful, but the crowd was a bit young for me and the store is small and cramped.

Recently I have been going to the Downers Grove location (battle bunker) and have found a good amount of players in my age group and it is a nice big store with lots of tables. Plus the free monthly tournaments have been a blast.

If you wanted to start a group that plays a running campaign or something like that, Downers Grove seems a nice location to me. Plus you could count me in, a campaign would be good fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast