LO Meet Big Game Discussion and Sign up - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

LO Meet Big Game Discussion and Sign up

This is the topic for the LO Meet 2008 Big Game!

As it stands the big game will be set for 3 vs 3, Imperial vs Chaos, with 1500 points per player. (Note that if there is enough interest the number of players will increase to 8, and it will become 4 vs 4, but this is only if the interest is there.)

Rules system has yet to be decided. That will be one perpose of this topic once all the places have been taken.

When it is the turn of one side, players will play at the same time. I.E All Chaos players will move etc together.
    This is to keep the flow of a normal game, and to stop other players in the game from becoming bored.

There will be a judge... namely myself, however, I doubt I will need to judge all that much... though in order to still be the judge you'll probably find that I'll just game on the next table along so that I can ref and play in my own games at the same time! (I CAN MULTITASK MUMMY!)

so at the minute thats all there is on the matter. Plese feel to discuss, and if you want to, secure yourself a place on one of the sides.

Imperial (SM, WH, IG, DH)

Chaos (CSM, IG?)

At the minute I know there doesn't seem to be a lot to go on, but that it reason for this thread. At least then the game will be sorted out will before hand, and everyone will know what they are doing.

Once we have hashed it all out, this thread will be replaced with a detail information thread.

And again, please keep this thread free of any banter. Thanks.

Toastee

Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

I was going to bring my Eldar for 40k, but if there is any problem getting a 4th for the imperial side I can bring my IG instead- so im not putting my name down, but i'll be first reserve if there arent enough numbers on the side of the imperium
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Okay thats cool.

I was talking with someone this morning about adding Orks to the Chaos side, since the amount of options for the Imperials seems to out weigh the ones for the Chaos side. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Sounds sensible, Toastee. I might just bring along my Blood Angels, although I should think there are others with more recent gaming experience than myself with a greater claim to be part of this game.

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

Well I guess it is first come first serve really.

Mind you we can always set it to 4 vs 4 without any problem. Its early days and still all in the planning stages after all So it wouldn't be a problem.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Toastee View Post
    Okay thats cool.

I was talking with someone this morning about adding Orks to the Chaos side, since the amount of options for the Imperials seems to out weigh the ones for the Chaos side. Thoughts?
    i think thats a good idea, add a bit of unpredictability to the chaos side
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

Aye lol.
    But if you look at it from a DoW point of view its possible it could happen I guess. But I guess we'll wait and see if theres any ork players who actually want to play.

As for the chaos side there doesn't seem to be much interest at the minute. Though I think Karmoon might be up for it.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Im up for it, i have a chaos force.

Is it just the normal 1500 points rules or apocolypse?

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

danjones87: Thats something we need to decide, but reather than me just say what it will be, I wanted people to have the chance to talk about it, as to what would be more enjoyable.

I don't mind it being Apoc, but mind you, I wont be playing, so.

So what do you guys want? Normal 40k or Apoc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I think you need to keep an eye on the time it takes to play a game of this size, without appoc rules or something close you need to whiz over stuff to fit it in, therefore I would suggest Appoc is probably the sensible thing to do
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast