Brandon Manitoba Meetups - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brandon Manitoba Meetups

Hey,

Myself and a couple friends have picked up warhammer 40k again and are looking for players in the Brandon Manitoba area who would be interested in some friendly battles.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I live in the general Westman area (depending on how broadly you want to define it; I live in Gladstone), well within KX96's broadcast range, anyway. I'm still working on constructing my IG army, and I'm pretty much a noob (means you've got a built in whipping boy ;Y ), but I could be convinced to come into town for some plastic mayhem on occasion, maybe a couple times a month or something like that.
    Emperor Protect ... my pants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends and i are also picking 40k back up, we'd likely be interested in a game or two....maybe some beer. We live in brandon (there are about 4 of us).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds great, 40k has been kinda set on the back burner for me right now but im plugging away at it in my spare time. The new rules have kinda turned me off from reading a whole new rule book right now. That will be something I will have to do.
    We should keep in contact and hopefully arrange something in the future. I play Space marines and just recently picked up Nids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limejuice View Post
    That sounds great, 40k has been kinda set on the back burner for me right now but im plugging away at it in my spare time. The new rules have kinda turned me off from reading a whole new rule book right now. That will be something I will have to do.
    We should keep in contact and hopefully arrange something in the future. I play Space marines and just recently picked up Nids.
    Well, it's been years since any of us have played and we will all have to re-learn the rules, so your not alone. I used to play orks/dark eldar way back in the day, however i have since lost those armies to the ages (read: i have no idea where i put them), so i am currently starting a SM army. My friend is also in the process of starting an ork army. Our other buddy plays Space Wolfs (and has a few chaos units as well). The last of our group, used to play Nids (and like me has lost his army), but we have another friend willing to sell him his Nid army (2000 pts) on teh cheap.

SO, that being said, it'll likely be atleast a month or so till we are ready for some games.

I have also started making some scenery ( i have three things on the go right now), so we should have some nice stuff to play on. I will post pics on the forums when they are finished (i found this site after i started them, or i would have done a WIP).

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anywhere in Brandon that sells GW stuff? I'd like to be able to pick up 40K and LotR stuff without having to go into Winnipeg, especially since Brandon is a half hour closer (and a nicer city, IMHO).

Plus, it would be nice to make better contact with local gamers, and not have to wait for Prairiecon to come again (which I've known about for four years now, but always have something come up that weekend).
    Emperor Protect ... my pants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vorocano View Post
    Is there anywhere in Brandon that sells GW stuff? I'd like to be able to pick up 40K and LotR stuff without having to go into Winnipeg, especially since Brandon is a half hour closer (and a nicer city, IMHO).

Plus, it would be nice to make better contact with local gamers, and not have to wait for Prairiecon to come again (which I've known about for four years now, but always have something come up that weekend).
    As far as i know, there is no place in Brandon that sells GW stuff. Cyber Junky's used to sell the stuff, but i think they have since gotten out of the business.

Brandon really doesn't have a good RPG/Hobby/Whatever store. There are places in Brandon to buy D&D books and such, but i have yet to find another place to buy 40k stuff. It's sad, there used to be a really good store here way back in the day (i am talking like 8 or so years ago), but it closed down.

Prairiecon, is about the only real good spot for table top gamers to meet up. I have yet to find any websites etc for a Brandon 40k club, so i am starting to doubt there is much of a player base in this city.

In any case, looks like there are a few people around town, enough for a small game day sometime :-)

+ Reply to Thread