Bournemouth/Poole Players - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bournemouth/Poole Players

Hiya guys,

Just wondering if anyone here is from the bournemouth/poole areas?

Are there any good clubs in our area? (i havnt played in years, looking at getting back into the hobby)

Thanks

K3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

I've a mate who's looking for games, he lives in Bournemouth, but I think he's moved away for 6 weeks to work.

I would have suggested Battlescar, but sadly that closed down about a year or two ago I think. :/ they used to run a decent club, but I'm not sure its still going, what with the store closed.

Sadly, thats all I'm aware of myself, I only lived in Bournemouth for about 3-4 months.
    I'll ask my pal and see if he can tell me anymore, and I'll see if hes up for a few games with you when he gets back.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the response toastee,

I did see that battlescar closed (must have been just after i quit playing). im currently wondering if i should try and re-open the club they had, so would appreciate any feedback from the community nearby (There will of course be an entrance fee like battlescar, as i'd have to cover the hall costs, the 20 tables and any competitions etc)

Any feedback is appreciated,

k3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

No worries mate good to see you back btw

I think it closed about a year or so ago, but can't remember. As for the club, I went to it once or twice back when I lived there... it seemed like a lot of hassle to set up every week.
    The last I heard though, they ran a 18+ club in a pub down the road from the shop, but that was no where near as as big. Not sure if it still runs though.

Will you be getting in contact with the old Battlescar owner? He might be able to give you some pointers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, we need to catch up sometime (in pm or on msn).

i may be starting my own online stockist soon, to help fund the hobby (other half cant complain im collecting if i say its for business)

I used to go to the club about 3 times a month, so have a fair idea of how it ran. ive got a few ideas of how to make quick setup, yet strong wargaming tables, and have an idea of how to transport them easy enough.

i have been trying to find a contact number so i can find out the cost to rent the hall, but no luck so far. so i might just post a note through the door with my name and number on it.

As far as i knew, the old owner shut down completely and moved out of the area, so i dont know about getting in contact with him, but i do intend to make some good friends with the local community.

i looked into the club at the pub, but as far as i know it is quite small (no offence), and i think that it may be time for a return of a larger club open to all ages. if i remember corectly the old entrance fee was around £4 (musta been 2-3 years ago i went) and the turnout was still good, so hopefully it'll be the same now)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

No need to worry about offending me, I never went to the pub club, or knew anyone from it.

You best bet about finding out about the hall would probably be just to go down there. It was a community centre wasn't? I can't remember.

Hope it works out though mate Least that way my mate can go to it and get games again lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem i see with going down there, is that there are often other events going on, so chances of the people i need to speak to actually being there is quite low.

Anyone in the bournemouth/poole area interested in me settingthis up? let me know, or pm me and i can give you my msn to chat on there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just getting back into 40k and looking for a club.

+ Reply to Thread