Anyone in or around Slippery Rock University, PA? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

8 (x1)

Anyone in or around Slippery Rock University, PA?

going there for college, wondering if anyone up there plays, or if there's gaming clubs in the surrounding area (butler, sherwin, west liberty, grove city).

Shoot first....shoot again....annnnnnnnnd shoot some more, cause I think I saw his leg twitch.

Also, very mad props to aerion_the_faitful for making so many damn good drawings, esp. ones of Space Marines (and the one that I use for my Avatar)!

2. Remove Advertisements

Toledo, OH
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

22 (x1)

Hey there,

I can't believe that you mentioned Slippery Rock! I grew up in Venango County, just about 45 min north of Slippery Rock and yes, there are some gaming clubs in the area. The closest to you would be Bell's Comics up in Grove City, though the supply there leaves something to be desired. (I know some employees there too if you're looking for any D&D campaigns...good people)

The other places are in Pittsburgh. The closest to you would be Legions Games in the North Hills. This store is the bomb! I buy 99% of my stuff there even though I live in SC. Whenever I'm in the area I stop by and pick some things up. They have open 40K on Thursday nights and typically play throughout the weekend. The crowd varies from the HS kids through the more mature hobbyist, so there's typically a good mix of people. Again, I know some of the employees if you'd like me to put you in contact with them. Here's their URL Legions Games : Pittsburgh: PA : *Warhammer : 40K : Flames of War : Warmachine

The final place is Phantom of the Attic They're right in Oakland, so that would be a bit of a drive from Slippery Rock, but again, a nice store.

I'd have to say that Bells or Legions are the two nicest ones in the area. I think there are some other hobby places in Pittsburgh, but those are going to be your best bet. I'll actually be up in the area in the beginning of October, over Thanksgiving and Christmas as my folks currently live in Grove City. PM me if you'd like to put together a game or something or if you need directions to either of the stores...I know the area like the back of my hand. (And as you can see, I terribly miss living in Pittsburgh.) Also, if you're going to be in Slippery Rock, make sure to check out the North County Brewery, great restaurant and amazing brewery!

Hope that helps,

+ Reply to Thread