Milton Keynes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milton Keynes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milton Keynes

Simple request really. Are there any gaming clubs in or around the Milton Keynes area?
    As amusing as it is to go to Games Workshop every Tuesday night for a few games, surely there must be enough WHFB and WH40K in the area for a club to exist.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

If you can make it to Luton, then there is a club that meets up every Thrusday night at the working mens club in the Arndale mall. It £2 to entry but we have tables and scenery to use and there are quite a few people who go. They play lots of games inc, 40k, WHF, urban war, warmachine, etc. If you want more details send me a p.m and i can send you a link to our forum.

But a word of warning very few people take pride in there armies, i'm one of a small number who has a painted army or even bothers to write a army list etc.
    If your hard core torny player you might be let down (but i'm happy to play 40k with you! with my pretty painted armies) but if your more of a have fun player then you should be o.k.

- Boomer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Wargames workshop in Cranfield is not too far from MK, 6 miles according to Google maps. Gaming every Monday night 6-10. Its certainly a hell of a lot bigger than GW in MK. There's always lots of people playing 40k, a few play warmachine/hordes, AT-43 and occasionally Helldorado and Confrontation but I rarely see a game of WHFB.

There's also a weekly tournament of various different games on a Saturday. This Saturday is 2000 pts 40k tourney.

WargamesWorkshop - GameShop - Location
    My blog - http://wingsofsanguinius.blogspot.com
    Been here nearly 10 years and still haven't managed 500 posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, my thanks to you both. Strange that WHFB doesn't seem overly popular anywhere though...

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

No worries dude.
    The Luton does have a small WHBF following but I only play 40k so I can't be sure
    how many people are into it.
    Here is a link to our forum, it's not a massive club so if you do ask any questions then it may take a little while to get an answer.
    Fantasy Wargames Community

I use the name Boomer on there aswell just in case you thought i had a twin or something.

- Boomer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Theres alot of fantasy that goes on in the GW store in the city center.
    I beleive theres a Club in a working mens club in Stony Stratford.

However there will be a club opening up in central MK, but it's still being talked about between myself and a few Exstaff and local Vets. It's planned to be in the City center but as i said it's all in 'idea mode' for now.

MKVeterans • Index page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

That sounds like a good idea. I've always found it a bit odd that MK doesn't have a club for GW games.

I'll go to it if people play 40k. I'm too lazy and skint to do fantasy (or anything else).

I had a look at the MKvets forum post about it and saw the bits about the Cranfield club. The old wargames workshop shop is now a florist :'( we now just have club gaming nights on a Monday in the social club at the Uni. No more weekend tourneys any more, which is something I'll miss.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye i heard Carl had to shut. Didn't know he had done already though.

Theres a healthy amount of everything to be honest, 40k Fantasy, LOTR's, Bloodbowl, Epic, you name it people play it. Can you not get down to GW in the city?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

Did anything happen with the new MK club in the end? I've checked the MK Vets forum every now and then and haven't seen much in the way of updates...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

If you can get over to Bedford there's a club based here too - if you want details call the Bedford store, Neil there will be able to tell you when and where they play.

I've never been as I have my own large crew to play with, although if we start hiring a hall as we planned then I'll post on here inviting people to join us in making it a proper Gaming Club.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast