We challenge you! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We challenge you!

Team Shroom would like to issue a challenge to Librarium Online, to be played out at the next LO Meet.
    Two teams, 5 a side in 5, 1 vs 1 games.

2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, nothing for a loss.

Games to be 1500 Warhammer 40k lists using the standard 5th Ed missions and rules.

What say you?

-Team Shroom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

I accept this challenge.

I declare
    All armies must be fully painted and based OR extra point for armies that are fully painted and based.

Kuffy? Riptor? Kaiser?

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, all armies must be fully painted, and based. I don't think there should be any bonus for having fully painted models, however, there should be a penalty. -1 point for armies not meeting the fully painted requirement.

I suggest as well as a team of one captain and four others, that we also pick at most, two others to act as back up players. To avoid any chance of games not being played.

So basically, a team of at least 5, but at most 7 players.

The match-ups for the 5 games can be decided at a later date via names out a hat or something.

Also, if you want to make the most of this challenge over the weekend, we could also fill it out with two, 2 vs 2 games using the same point scores, and a 5 vs 5 battle on the Sunday, with a scoring system of 2 points for the winning team, and one point for each objective held. (1 point for a draw)

That would increase the total points from 10, to 19 and might make things more exciting.

But thats up to you lot, as just sticking with the 5 single 1 vs 1 games is okay also.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I'm not that good, but... I'll answer that call with a great big green:

WAAAGH!!

Hoping, that they're done and such. Be my first time with Orks, I think. =/ (I will apologise in advance to my team for my loses :p )

One idea, how about ending it in a large 5 V 5 battle (akin to last year's big game)?

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, thats what I mean. A big game at the end to round it off on the Sunday.

So,
    5 1vs1 games in the morning of Saturday (10 points)
    2 2vs2 games in the afternoon (4 points)
    1 5v5 on the Sunday. (5 points)

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Oh, excuse me...you seem to have droped your glove. Here, here let me get it for you.

Seems like I must finish an army and get a ticket. But then again, to defend the greatest paradox on the web, I guess I could.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

I, too, shall accept this challenge. If we are going on a '1 Captain, 4 members' setup, I would like to uspport the Warsmith for our Captain.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The captains will basically act as the generals in the big game on the Sunday, as well as deciding the line-ups for their sides.

The irony in all of this is that most Team Shroom members are members of LO. XD

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

I say AYE! The Cult of Blakkulf shall answer the call of the Blood Wolf! If they manage to re-paint their armour in time.

And my Evil Space Puppies would like to once more fight alongside the Warsmith and the Lawman, so long as they don't mind?

EDIT: PS, as my army is hardly competitive, based more on "What can this count as?" than tactical considerations, I don't mind being a reserve player.
    Last edited by Wolf Lord Herby; December 20th, 2008 at 18:42. Reason: spelling
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Herby, whilst I cannot speak on the behalf of us all, I can say that I personally would be honoured to have you fight at my side again.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast