California Bay Area 40k Players - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

California Bay Area 40k Players

Hey everyone,

I'm curious how many Warhammer 40k players from the CA Bay Area are on LO. I'm in the south bay and am seeking a good community of players or even just some fellow forum members that I can meet up with and play. I'm also looking for information on tournaments. It seems like Quake City Rumble (fantasy) is the only circuit event this year. With the density of the Bay Area I'm surprised there isn't any GTs or even a GD on this side of the country. Where are all the 40k players!?

Currently I have an Ork army I'm working on that will be up to 1000 points and I have a co-worker who has begun a Tau army.

So, how many Bay Area guys are lurking here?

Russ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    215 (x4)

Where in the South Bay? I play up at Endgame in Oakland. They have a pretty good group of 40K players up there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ifurita View Post
    Where in the South Bay? I play up at Endgame in Oakland. They have a pretty good group of 40K players up there.
    Sunnyvale...how about yourself? Oakland is a bit of a drive, not that I'm complaining! I'm just surprised there isn't much going on around San Jose. But I'm especially surprised their aren't any official 40k GTs in the Bay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

215 (x4)

I'm up in the North Bay. I only go over to Endgame once a month or once every other month. Great store though. Active 40K community (Tuesdays and Saturdays) and the entire upper floor is dedicated to gaming space. It's really well set up, worth checking out at least once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in San Jose and I've got a pretty solid gaming group to play with. We have 6-8 guys come out every week. We actually play at a shop near the Airport. However, we're more of a WFB group, though there are plenty of guys(myself included, though limitedly) that also have 40k and play it sometimes.

I'm also surprised and disappointed by the lack of large tournaments in our area. =(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Ifurita, im in the North Bay too. Where are you?
    For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv
    107th Regiment, 5th Armored Battle Group- 5500pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

215 (x4)

I don't play much, though all of my playing so far has been over at Endgame in Oakland. I frequent Gamescape North in San Rafael quite frequently and we have Pizza and Painting night every month. Next event is this coming Saturday (3/21) from 6-11 PM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by SquigORama View Post
    I'm in San Jose and I've got a pretty solid gaming group to play with. We have 6-8 guys come out every week. We actually play at a shop near the Airport. However, we're more of a WFB group, though there are plenty of guys(myself included, though limitedly) that also have 40k and play it sometimes.

I'm also surprised and disappointed by the lack of large tournaments in our area. =(
    Are you talking about Game Kastle on Coleman? I just discovered that place this past Wednesday...it has to be the best independent gaming store in the area! I was considering stopping by on one of their 40k nights and checking it out. Great place...but they need help with their gaming tables!

Don't tell the guys I said that, it was in good fun! They were all very nice to me when I stopped by. But seriously, I think they could use a little hobby craft help and an artistic eye with getting a couple of sweet tables built, especially since I just about finished my 4x6 portable table...

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ifurita View Post
    I don't play much, though all of my playing so far has been over at Endgame in Oakland. I frequent Gamescape North in San Rafael quite frequently and we have Pizza and Painting night every month. Next event is this coming Saturday (3/21) from 6-11 PM
    I just recently got back into the game and will be visiting Gamescape North quite a bit now. I live in the North Bay also. Would be awesome to see all of you around at a store somewhere.
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by russ_c View Post
    Are you talking about Game Kastle on Coleman? I just discovered that place this past Wednesday...it has to be the best independent gaming store in the area! I was considering stopping by on one of their 40k nights and checking it out. Great place...but they need help with their gaming tables!

Don't tell the guys I said that, it was in good fun! They were all very nice to me when I stopped by. But seriously, I think they could use a little hobby craft help and an artistic eye with getting a couple of sweet tables built, especially since I just about finished my 4x6 portable table...

Russ
    Yes! And I think everybody knows the tables are poor. I'd be interested in building tables but...

Well, I must confess, I have not been there in a year! I only know what I know from contact with my friends there. I have been in Okinawa this past year, though I'll be back soon. But yeah, great place huh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast