LO Meet 2010 - Information - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

LO Meet 2010 - Information

It has come again. The annual UK LO Meet. This time it is out 6th year! SIX! (I've been to them all so far. Where you slackers been?!) It is being held on Friday 6th August - Monday 9th August. For those who have not been before, it is a free event for the members of LO to meet up at WHW and get a few games in with one another. It is a fun and very laid back weekend. So, you do not need to come for all the weekend to enjoy yourself! Now, in the past we have had booking problems with events taking place during the weekend we have been there. This time though, I have checked and it is set as a 'Free Gaming' weekend. So, there should be no problems there.

As to what to expect...well. MADNESS!!! Aside from that though. (Kuffy with a voice perhaps?). There will be chances for you to play almost any GW game. The members who turn up have been sited playing; WFB, 40K, Blood Bowl, BFG in previous meets. So, anything along those lines will be fine. As to armies, we hold no restrictions on what you bring - but bear in mind this is not a tournament, so gearing your army for one is pointless. Neither do your armies need to be painted, the bear minimum GW use to allow was undercoat, but I do believe they have been wavered now and as long as its assembled, it should be fine.

In the past there have been Apocalypse games. If members wish to participate or hold one, then they are to do so under their own plans. The meet is not officially holding one, it is up to you should you want to play in one. The same goes should a group of members wish to run a mini tournament. This is perfectly fine, as long as it is not too strict, tasking or offering a cash prize (gambling is a no-no folks!)

Those who have previously attended will be pleased to hear that the raffle shall return! Tickets will be on sale from Friday (as soon as I arrive) for £1 a strip. Like all other times, the raffle pays for itself. The more money you all put into the kitty, the more and better prizes we shall be giving away!

Once again 16 and 17 year olds are welcome, but anyone younger will not be allowed to rmain for the weekend without parental/guardian supervision. It should also be known that anyone between the ages of 16 to 17 might get left out in regards to events that are held in the evening. People will often split off into groups and go for a meal or a few drinks in the evenings in Nottingham City Centre, so anyone of those ages needs to be aware of this.

As of the minute, there are no evening events planned. People are free to plan their own evening entertainment. There are a number of decent places to eat and good pubs within Nottingham Centre.

Just another point I would like to make about those staying for the weekend. It would be very handy if either myself or another member of LO had a contact number (mobile/cellphone is ideal) incase you either get lost or there is no one around you recognise. PM your number and I'll give you mine so you at least have one contact. Also, it would be helpful for those who arrive at the hotel to go as a group, taking any new attendees to WHW. So, please if you can, go as a group. Its safer and more fun.

And now for some details......

So hotel locations used by members in the past. Please note that most will be staying in the Gresham hotel, so it is an ideal place for you to stay.

Premier Inn. Castle Marina
    Gresham Hotel

There might be others, I know Sir Theo has always stayed somewhere else (bloody git. ).

And now. Directions.

This is a map which shows you how to get the WHW. Please forgive the childish scribblings on it.

And this, if you are unsure, is where you are to cross to to start your journey.

Any questions/problems etc. Post here or PM me.

Kuffy

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; February 23rd, 2010 at 15:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard View Post

There might be others, I know Sir Theo has always stayed somewhere else (bloody git. ).

Kuffy
    What can I say, I need my creature comforts! (well I am old etc etc) and in my defence I did stay at the Gresham one year!

Anyway, the place i've been too twice and can recommend is this un: Britannia Nottingham, Nottingham City, England. Rooms from £49.00

A little bit pricier than the Gresham (although still pretty reasonable), and no breakfast included as standard but pretty comfortable- if you've stayed in any corporate type hotel you'll know what to expect, its also very well situated for the castle, and by association the Olde Trip!
    Last edited by Sir Theobold the Lame; February 22nd, 2010 at 22:11. Reason: spelling- must try harder!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Well now at least I've a deadline for getting all my models cased up
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Theo - You are indeed an old man. Better go rest now, gramps.

RC - Indeed you do.

I thought I would reiterate an import part of that post, here:

Just another point I would like to make about those staying for the weekend. It would be very handy if either myself or another member of LO had a contact number (mobile/cellphone is ideal) incase you either get lost or there is no one around you recognise. PM me your number and I'll give you mine so you at least have one contact. Also, it would be helpful for those who arrive at the hotel to go as a group, taking any new attendees to WHW. So, please if you can, go as a group. Its safer and more fun.
    Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of interest, LO names or real names?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

It varies on the person. I answer to either my name of Kuffy. Some prefer to be known only by their forum name, and others by their real name. *shrug*

Kuffy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I find being called RC handy as it lets me know that it is an internet person talking to me

I'll probably be hitting Rock City on Saturday evening, feel free to posse up.

Damn you forum, you told me my post didn't work - yet it blatantly did.

Double post, move along, nothing to see here...

Damn you forum, you told me my post didn't work - yet it blatantly did.

Double post, move along, nothing to see here...
    Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; February 23rd, 2010 at 16:43.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rock city, the meat market of notts
    I will try to make this.
    Will you be playing ON the Friday and Mondays or just using those days as travel/meeting days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    I find being called RC handy as it lets me know that it is an internet person talking to me

I'll probably be hitting Rock City on Saturday evening, feel free to posse up.
    Well usually, we head to a nice little pub called "The Trip To Jerusalem" on the Saturday evening. Friday we usually go for a pizza, and then some of us go to the "Pit and Pendulum" or back to the hotel. But, everyone is welcome to do as they please during the evening.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the pub well
    I frequent notts a lot, well I certainly used to anyway. I have a lot of close friends from there and used to go to rock city a lot. Not these days though, I'm more into drinking ale and doing old man things lol. Just had a meetup with tau online guys there this weekend and I was the oldest one!!! I'm only 29!!! lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast