Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
The NOVA Open, Virginia's only current / first Vegas qualifying Circuit Tournament for Warhammer and Warhammer 40k will be on August 14, 2010 of this year.
Although more information and registration data is available at http://novaopen.com and will be more detailed as the event date becomes closer, here's a few brief primers for the moment:
1) Make a vacation out of it! Games Day 2010 in Baltimore is nearby, and is the Saturday after the NOVA Open, allowing the intrepid summer adventurer to head for a week of fun and sun in our nation's capital, with a Vegas qualifying GT on one end, and Games Day on the other.
2) This will be a 4 round tournament with over $4,000 in prizes and growing, with EQUAL awards and recognition for all style of hobbyist and gamer (from the ultra competitive to the extremely artistic), all for the flat registration fee of $50.
3) 2,000 Points Warhammer 40k; 2,250 Points Warhammer Fantasy
4) The opportunity to have an opinion-based role in the development of the tournament; comment and discuss tournament-related subjects ranging from sportsmanship and composition to scenarios and scoring at one of the tournament organizer's blogs at Whiskey & 40k (search through the blog for tournament related subjects, such as sportsmanship, composition, scenarios, etc.).
5) 64 slots for 40k, 64 slots for Fantasy in a 10,000 square foot facility at the Dulles Expo Center in Northern Virginia, mere minutes from Washington, DC, and approximately 1 hour from Baltimore Games Day. There is a hotel on site, and hotel booking / details will be available on the website in the near future.
Again, far more information, FAQ's, rules packets, etc., will be forthcoming as the date gets closer.
An important note for 40k participants (and Fantasy, to a lesser extent) is that the event is filling up more rapidly and earlier than we anticipated. If you think there's a good chance you'll be attending, registering early is a very good idea. If we fill, our ability to expand to more slots may be there, but will almost certainly come at a higher registration price for later sign-ups.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nids & Guard
GMail = MVBrandt