Librarium Online Forums banner

The Deluxe Gaming Club (Mpls, MN, USA)

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  AlphaLegionBrad 
#1 · (Edited)
We are a group of... *counts* six people who regularly play 40k and Fantasy, at each others' houses, because Minneapolis doesn't have a GW Store. We consist of myself, LO members Malevon, Captain Stormy, and Vissabron, and two other people we've recently recruited to play Fantasy... Don't really know what else to say. Here's our boards and armies:

Stormy's Cityfight Board - Space Marines/IG, Dwarfs
My awesome 8x4 - Tau, Lizardmen, Chaos Tainted Inquisition
Mally's Space Hulk Board - Necrons, Lost and the Damned, Cult of Slaanesh (WFB), Chaos Dwarfs/greenskins

Mally also has a grass board from war-zone.com, and I have an additional poor attempt at a 7x5 one. Vissabron plays Nids, and the other two play Empire and Dwarfs.

Yeah, we're pretty cool. Play every week or so. Come over if you want :p

#5 ·
Hey guys, I used to live in Minneapolis(Edina) There is a group called adeptus-minneapolis, who meats at Phoenix games in Uptown. The store has AMAZING boards, and scenery, the crew is pretty good. They usually play on fridays(I think) they're all a bunch of fun people and easy to get along with(for the most part). If you guys are interested in mixing it up, or have already been down to phoenix let me know.

#6 ·
I've been there once to get a few models, and while a little out of my way, it certainly is an awesome store... I think I've heard of the Adeptus Minneapolis club before, too o.0

#8 ·
I'm from the Twin Cities as well (Minnetonka) and right now i'm in La Crosse, WI, but i'll be moving back there after i graduate in December. Although I don't know how much time i'll have to play, I for sure would like to get in touch with you guys when I do come back. I'll also be coming up later this month to visit my family (my brothers have have a 4x8 city fight, a 4x4 forest/swamp, and a 4x4 tundra all of which are pretty mediocre, but very playable) so I'll post here and send PM's if we're looking for games. Where in Minneapolis are you guys?

#9 ·
Hextus said:
I'm from the Twin Cities as well (Minnetonka) and right now i'm in La Crosse, WI, but i'll be moving back there after i graduate in December. Although I don't know how much time i'll have to play, I for sure would like to get in touch with you guys when I do come back. I'll also be coming up later this month to visit my family (my brothers have have a 4x8 city fight, a 4x4 forest/swamp, and a 4x4 tundra all of which are pretty mediocre, but very playable) so I'll post here and send PM's if we're looking for games. Where in Minneapolis are you guys?
We're all in the western suburbs, golden valley, minnetonka. Drop me a PM when you get back, maybe we can do something with said cousins, sounds fun ^_^

#10 · (Edited)
awesome board salmon thief. the only textured terrain board we've got is the tundra/glacier, which is snow on chipwood so it looks like ice fragments. but the rest is just painted. I play Guard and Witch Hunters, but my brothers play Space Marines, Tau, Space Wolves and Orks, and there are many others who game there as well. Pretty much every army. My parents house is actually in Shorewood, i'll let you know when I'm in town.

*edit* i think there are about 16 players total that ever come there.

#11 ·
well, I used to live down in the cities (currently up in moorhead, no one plays up here). But there's an awesome store called the Source Comics and Games that I used to play at (actually just got back from a huge medusa 5 battle). They didn't used to get that many people, but now there getting around 10-20 people there for warhammer nights on monday. People usually show up around 5-6, and play untill 9 at night, and they have lots of tables as well as a huge amount of well made terrain.

The source is located near the state fair grounds, and I believe this is their website:
www.sourcecandg.com

check em out some time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.