LO Meet 2006 - The Scent of Cramlington - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

LO Meet 2006 - The Scent of Cramlington

Scent of Cramlington
    A report of when wargamers meet o_O

Friday
    It was an early start for Martox and I. We grabbed the 07.38 train out and got into Nottingham at around 10.30ish, to which we met up with Kuffy soon afterwards.

We were booking into a hotel called the Gresham. Its not a bad place, but its cheap, and you go get what you pay for with it, but its included breakfasts and great placement from the canal and train station make it a worthwhile place to choose to stay for a weekend.

Once we had booked into the Gresham, the three of us scouted out target for the weekend. Warhammer World.
    Martox had never been to mecca of all Games Workshop fans, and was blown away just like many other people before him have been, and just like many other players, visiting it for the first time will be.

We had a look around, checked out the miniatures museum, and then went to Bugmans for some food and drink. We chilled out on the new balcony bit that they’ve built.
    It was after that, that we had to trek back down the canal to meet Arky from the station…we lost him before he even arrived XD
    It turned out that his train was late, and so once he did roll in, after 30 minutes of searching for a Scotsman in a kilt, he escaped through the second exit of the station XD lol

Needless to say we found him booking into the Gresham, where at this point a crazy man was muttering about 400 miles of marinated chicken bits. O_o

We then headed back to WW for some gaming! I played Kuffys marines with my Tau….and beat him, though half way through the game Jon Quxi-whats-his-name (XD) came to watch, and it was then we had the 5 member of LO at the 2006 meet.

We went to Pizza Hut once Aun turned up, and got more pizza than we ordered XD which was cool =D
    Afterwards we invaded LO’s first adopted bar (The one from last year) But our table had been taken by evil bandits ;__; And they wouldn’t leave >_<
    It was then back to Kuffy’s room to watch Team America on Aun’s laptop before bed.

Saturday
    Saturday came, and upon invading WW, we were surprised to find that there was a tourney on, but thankfully it wasn’t a massive one and we still managed to get tables to play on.

Brother Librarian Franksi soon turned up, and it was good to meet another new face at an LO Meet. It was then him and I did battle!
    I was up against his Deathwing with my Tau, and what a great game it was =D There was much death that game… damn his Librarian. Damn his Fear of the Darkness!
    It was a close game I felt, with me only holding one of the 3 objectives. It was an enjoyable game, and I look forward to beating you again next time Franksi

I played Martox in the afternoon, and that started off preety good for him, but we both got a bit hampered by the heavy terrain I had set up, and it seemed that maybe that ruined the game a little bit. But it was good to play him again.

Once WW closed it was back to the hotel to drop stuff off then back to Pizza Hut! Before going back to that pub again where this time our table was free of dirty heretics!
    Needed to say the “LO Meet 05” was still there on the side of the table, if a little faded. So I took the liberty of re inking it and adding “LO Meet 06” to the side of the table XD

Sunday
    There was another tourney on, but again there were free tables, and so it wasn’t much of a problem.
    Alktrio turned up, and met up with us having noticed the fluffy fox. XD
    I kicked of the gaming by playing him and his lovely painted Space Marine army. Kuff played Jon on the table next to us.
    I looked up another win against him in a cleanse mission, but it was yet another fairly close game that could have almost been a draw.
    With my 40k gaming over for the weekend, we went and had dinner in Bugmans before Alky faced up against Kuffy.

Afterwards we met up with Karrot and his pal Rue (At least I hope that’s the spelling!) and went into town to the cinema where the group of us went and watched Over the Hedge.

PLAY?!

Afterwards it was announced by Kuffy and Martox that my new name would be Hammy XD lol

After grabbing something to eat we ended up in the Pit and Pendulum. Which I hear by declared LO’s second adopted pub!
    It’s a cool little pub, and Its one of the many things that make me look forward to the next LO meet.

Monday
    Arky was leaving early, so we headed back to WW for yet a 4th day of gaming madness.
    We got a taxi this time, as walking up and down that canal for 3 days in the heat that we’ve been having this weekend had eventually sapped us of energy. That and we would have all our bags with us from booking out of the hotel.

So we met up with Jon again who kindly agreed to give us a lift back to the station later on.

We ended up playing Battlefleet Gothic in Bugmans, and I have to say that I enjoyed playing it. It was a good game against Martox, which ended in a draw.
    Jon got him some bitz, and Kuffy got himself all 4 of the Imperial Armour books.

*Edit!* Just as we were leaving Gav Thorpe walked by us with a GW bag o_O

We said out goodbyes to Jon and Kuffy at the station, and headed home, only to have our weekend spoiled slightly by delayed trains >__<

Conclusion
    It’s been a good weekend despite not having the same numbers as last year. I had hoped for more people, but hopefully next time you will all realise what fun you miss out on *grin*

I enjoyed the whole weekend. It was good seeing people from last year, and it was good meeting new faces from the forum.

Lastly a big thank you to all of those who attended the meet! Even if you only turned up for the day, it was good to meet you. You all helped make the meet a fantastic weekend for me! =D

I look forward to organising the next one!

Thanks,

Toastee

Last edited by Toastee; July 17th, 2006 at 22:38.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Make sure your Tau bring flashlights next year Toastee! I've still got one of those Firewarriors wallets!.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

If only I lived in the UK
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Ahh man, I completely forgot about the "LO Meet 05" marking. Sounds like a great weekend, I am really sorry I missed it out this year, but my new job really restricts my spending. Man I really would loved to have been there, my orks are itching to redem themselves.

Any pictures guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Hard Aun, Toastee, Arklite (in fact, everyone but me!) took plenty of pics - i expect they will be up soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

I'll be doing my own write up, and there will be photos a plenty.

Watch this space.....
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a fantastic day :yes: , I lost both my games but they were really good games.
    Over the hedge was a funny film and hammy was so cool
    Next time there’s an lo meet I’ll be there for the hole meet

alky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

MUHAHAHA You have been given the name Alky and it hath stuck! >=D

*grin*
    Aye I think a total of 5 of us were taking pictures. Mine are on my PC I just have to upload them all.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

Dammit, this is one of those times I wish I weren't trapped in China right now. I wanted to meet the infamous Toasteefex... The Chaos Gods have shown me disfavour for losing so many games! This has renewed my resolve to get a job in the UK next year so that I will be able to attend LO Meet 2007...if there is one. There will be one, right? :tongue:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRabbit
    I wanted to meet the infamous Toasteefex...

You're not missing much (j/k Toastee - don't ban me for a week! :w00t: )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast