looking for club: So MD/DC area - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking for club: So MD/DC area

Looking for a gamming club in the Southern MD area. I'm a vetern warhammer FB/40k player looking for a new place to game. The current place where I game has attracted a number of younger players (12-16ish) and the older players have started to leave. I'm looking for a new mature gaming area to play. I don't have a problem with younger players. It just gets annoying when most of them don't even know the basic rules, give up with they start to lose, wander off when they get bored, or have to leave because mom/dad says they have to leave.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

There's a fairly healthy group of WFB/W40K players that are involved in the University of Maryland gaming club. I think most of us have graduated by now and are scattered around the beltway area, but it's still a central point for keeping in touch. If you're interested, I can't imagine that you'd have any problems getting added to the Yahoo group that the club uses.
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dole
    There's a fairly healthy group of WFB/W40K players that are involved in the University of Maryland gaming club. I think most of us have graduated by now and are scattered around the beltway area, but it's still a central point for keeping in touch. If you're interested, I can't imagine that you'd have any problems getting added to the Yahoo group that the club uses.
    I would be very interested in joining that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

I'm in the MD area and have a few friends who might also be interested. Send me a PM with some more info on who to contact. Thanks!
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im near dc in va, ill see if ther are any around
    In the night,
    many stood,
    armed with lasguns,
    and the light of the emporer,
    they stood tall,
    proud,
    in the twilight,
    fighting continues,
    the galaxy burns,
    a cunning tribute,
    to the god of man,
    all hail the Emperer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out the Iron Fist League. Iron Fist League :: Index Right now we have around 80 or so paid members ($10.00/year). Benefits include free entry in our 4 RTTs/year alternating between WHFB and 40K along with a Megabattle or other event just about every other month. Our last big Megabattle pitted the entire Ultramarine Chapter against the forces of evil. There was over 120,000 points on the table. FoW is also starting to pick up in the club.

We currently have gaming scheduled Tuesdays and Saturdays at Games Parlor (Chantilly and Woodbridge) and Sundays at Eagle and Empire game shop in Alexandria.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

If your in Maryland, I know there is always a healthy amount of players @ either the Game Workshop store in Annapolis Mall or at the GW Bunker down in Glen Burnie.

PaL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What days are good to stop by and play in the Annapolis store? Any league nights or anything like that? Just curious because I'm looking for a place to play. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Hmm for Annapolis one of the guys is getting a Fantasy Map Campaign started soon, its going to be either 2000 or 2250 points. He's looking to start it late Febuary, early March. I think he's filled about 12/16 slots.

Also @ Annapolis, if memory serves, Monday is Veterans night, Tuesday is Fantasy night, Wednesday 40k kill teams, Thursday LotR. Saturday usually has 3 megabattles set up: LotR from around noon - 2, 40k sometime between 2-6, and Fantasy between 6-8. I'm pretty sure most of those nights are correct, they changed them up recently so I'll have to recheck. But you can always call up the store and ask whats going on.

Also, the battle bunker up @ Glen Burnie always has stuff going on. They have something like 22 game table set up and are usually have a fair amount of people there, so if your looking for a game, you can almost always find one there.

+ Reply to Thread