Tournament Rating System - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Tournament Rating System

Hi, this post is not about finding a club. I am a member of the 40k Fight Club in Spokane Washington. I am relatively new to 40k, in that I have been playing for only 16 months in total. I am also a new game store owner. People may recognize my login name, I have been on L-O for over a year now.

My store hosts 40K tournaments from time to time. We put a strong emphasis on Sportsmanship. After each game, we have the opponents rate each other for sportsmanship and also on army composition. I am not truly satisfied with the system we use (or that were used in the store before we took it over). It seems that in several tournaments, several different methods were used.

Do your clubs use a similar system? If so, what is the system you use? For example, do you rate your opponent for sportsmanship on a scale of 1-100? 1-10? 1-5? Do you have descriptions or examples of what sort of opponent deserves a 3 out of 5 or 99 out of 100?
    Do you say things like: "The best opponent I ever played against!" or "This guy was a total git, he wanted to argue over every dice roll."

If you have some sort of written form, I would LOVE to get a copy to look at, and maybe I can find one that will suit what I want to do.

You can post here, or PM me, but I am hoping I can get some help with this. So far L-O has never let me down! I am trying to get prepared for a March 17 tournament in which we are giving away a Dark Angels Army box...

Once a Marine, always a Marine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

my suggestion, once all games are done in a round, have all players gather and ask scores outloud. Explain what the ratings mean pregame.
    5 was awesome, knew the rules, worked out any problems, blah blah.
    1-total duche bag, nit picked, was no fun, didn't know the rules

Same thing for comp, ask for at least one sentence explanation of score.
    I hate dreadnaughts is reason enough for that person (the scorer) to be tarred and feathered.

My suggestion, drop the comp score. Of all the GW scores this is the most stupid out there. Any legal army list is just that, fine by the rules. I've seen too many people ding people because their opponents list gave them trouble.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I appreciate your suggestion. My players (for the most part) want a comp score b/c they want as balanced lists as possible. I think I will come up with some guidelines and do the comp judging myself. That way your opponent doesn't have the power to torpedo your whole tournament standings. Also I will have a range for sportsmanships score so that if they go too low or too high, they have to justify to me the reason why they want that rating, and I can over-ride it if their reason is not compelling. I will also publish the guidelines in advance, so there are fewer surprises...
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

+ Reply to Thread