Miami, Florida Gamers Club - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Miami, Florida Gamers Club

Librarium Online Generals

Miami, Florida is traditionally known for its sunny beaches, hurricanes, respected Collegiate football team, active party life, and..um...scenery. Some of you members may not know that a 40k/Fantasy gaming club exists here, so I wanted to post here. Our gaming club is small, and our web-presence is new. But if any interested parties wanted to get information on our club, feel free to post here or go to our Miami Warhammer Gamers Forum (temporary name)

For those not interested in visiting our club, but still interested in the store where we play at, you can visit, Sunshine Adventure Gaming. Joel is the manager. He's very introverted, but has been running the store for 15-20 years.

7921 Bird Road #44 Miami, Florida 33155
    (305) 264-1250
    e-mail: rpgs@bellsouth.net

===================
    To keep the forum from becoming stagnant, I'll do my best to post once every 1-2 weeks to keep up with what's going on here in Miami. Hopefully those in Miami, that don't know about the store will see this post and become interested in playing again.

Last edited by RudyPicardo; July 6th, 2007 at 17:28.
    Rudy Wilfred Picardo
    Tyranid Player
    Current Record (W/L/D) 143/112/60
    Recent Battle - 1500 pt draw vs. IG player (mission: Seek And Destroy)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL I see you found my secret place rudy...everything u need to know about 40k is buried in this labyrnith of forums...well nice to see someone else i know here.

--Rock

3000 pts of DA.
    3500 pts of Relictors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x1)

2-on-2 tournament - August 4

Our small gaming club here is hoping to have a 2-on-2 tournament at our store, Sunshine Adventure gaming. The tournament will be held on Saturday, August 4, 2007 from 12:30-80 pm.

We're still fleshing out the details and rules (since a 2-on-2 is different).I want to keep this post updated whenever relatively big events come along so those who don't know about our Miami club will come on in. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send a PM or post on this message board
    Rudy Wilfred Picardo
    Tyranid Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x1)

To forum mods, my apologies for this apparent double post. The last time I posted on this thread was several months ago and felt it necessary to update any Miami Florida/South Florida gamers who might be wondering about gaming in the area.

Recently another Rogue Trader Store opened up, called the Silver Dragon Square. There web-site is still a work in progress, but they do have a fully functional forum, which is linked on this site. In addition, thought I’d give my report based on the weekend events.

==================
    General Overview of the Store
    As you can see, from this wide angle of the store as you enter, the gaming space is very comfortable.

As you enter the store, directly to your left are the two display cases that Israel told us about in one of his threads. Currently there is product there, but I was told that eventually sample armies would be shown there. This is very much like the GW store in Springfield, Virginia. Israel has already asked me to borrow my Trygon, which I got pretty fired up about.

Directly to your right, as soon as you enter, is the register desk/card display area. All his card games are displayed here for easy viewing for any interested card gamers. I was told that currently couldn’t take credit cards, however that problem was planning to be fixed by next Saturday.I also noted that he has a small refrigerator to sell drinks. I know he was going to have a café, but more on that later.

This is a reverse shot, showing the GW product line. Israel told me that he’s planning on getting more rack shelving from GW, as I only saw 4-5 racks for blisters. On the other side is the GW paint/hobby supply rack and shelving for board games

==================
    Gaming Tables
    There are 3 gaming tables and 1 demo table, which is the standard set-up of the store.

The demo table is a 4x4 board.
    Its meant to introduce gamers to any of the games currently sold at the store. During tournament days it can be used as an additional gaming table. There are current plans to making a 2 foot extension to make it an official 6’ x 4’ gaming table. You should also note the storage area underneath. I think the storage area will be expanded to be either drawers or a shelf system.

The standard gaming tables are 8 x 4 tables, which are presented below
    Gaming Table 01
    Gaming Table 02
    Gaming Table 03

The tables are almost “bar stool” level height. I noted that he only had 6-8 stools, which does limit sitting space. However, Israel told me that there were more stools on its way. I do like the lip on the sides for your models, in addition to the storage space underneath each of the tables.

I noticed that even with these gaming tables there is ample space to maneuver. I noticed that he put the tables against the wall, but on normal gaming days, the tables could be moved to the center of the store (so gamers can move around the entire table and still be comfortable for everyone else to move around). In fact even if you expanded the tables to create a 12 x 4 gaming table, there still is some decent room to move around I was told that these 8x4 tables will eventually have the ability to expand to 12 x 4 tables.

For those of you who want a Apocalypse game, I definitely think you have more options when it comes to table set-up.I asked the guys to set-up this large 12’ x 8’ gaming table that took the form of an “H”. You’ll notice that there’s still room to maneuver around the entire table AND there’s still room, since there’s the final 8’ x 4’ table in the back. The possibilities for gaming options increases with this much size.

The standard gaming surface is a black laminate. However for tabletop games (40k, fantasy, FoW, etc) a removable gaming surface will be provided.
    The gaming surface will be eventually textured and painted. I asked Israel why he used a black laminate for the standard surface of the table. I had to be reminded that other gamers (such as Card Gamers and D&D) would be using the table. The surface can be written on and then wiped off using a standard cleaner, which I found interesting.

==================
    The Extras
    There is plenty of vertical space in his store, making it open to put items to give the store more “ambiance” I was told that there are plans to put banners, posters, etc. Although he had a speaker system in the store, I didn’t ask him, however if there would be a TV.

Another thing I noticed was the large air conditioning system, which I was told was new. Considering the entire shopping center is new, that isn’t surprising. I did notice that although there is a reasonable sized bathroom.

I did notice that their terrain is low to moderate, which made me understand why Israel asked for my help. The terrain they currently had was satisfactory, but obviously not as much as Joel’s store. I was told by next week there would be enough 40k terrain to fill all the 8 x 4 tables and would continue expanding since they’re plan was to expand the gaming tables.

There isn't any league play, but you don't have to pay to play there. There is a $35 membership fee, but that's only if you want to get the 10% discount on store products and free Wi-Fi access. So, if you just want to show up and play, there is no charge. I also found out that the Military/Police/Fire is supposed to get a discount. I don't know if the percent discount is cumulative if you pay your membership.

==================
    The Surroundings

Parking right now isn’t a problem
    , as there are only 2 open stores: The Silver Dragon Square and the Blue Sky Restaurant. There arefour other stores on the same side as the Silver Dragon Square. Parking might be a problem as this shopping center expands, but right now parking isn’t an issue.

As I said before Israel wasn’t sure if he needed the café, so he’s considering of using the open space in the back of the store for more gaming space. Right now you can get something to eat at the Blue Sky Restaurant. They serve LARGE Cuban/Spanish oriented meals at a great price. My meal cost about $7.50, but there was at least 1 lb of food and the cost included a drink. The food was awesome and would recommend it.

If you don’t like this food, the shopping center across the street is very large. It has an Olive Garden, Quiznos, and combination KFC/Burger King/Taco Bell. There is also a Publix, Walgreens, and Michaels (for us hobbyists). Costco, Home Depot, and Mall of Americas are all within 5 minutes of driving.

==================
    Final Thoughts
    Overall, I’m very impressed with the store. To be honest I was pretty skeptical, yet supportive. It will be good for the gamers to have options and I hope that some old school gamers residing in the Miami/Dade area will also be influenced to coming back to play. If you need any information,feel free to contact Israel

Silver Dragon Square
    259 NW 82 Ave.
    Miami, Florida 33126
    (305) 267-0227
    Silver Dragon Square
    Rudy Wilfred Picardo
    Tyranid Player

Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    569 (x7)

Wow. Awesome post. I wish I had time to visit this store and play a game against your awesome bugs.

Hopefully you will get an LO-er or two showing up at this store.

All the best,

Jim

~rep~
    My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

+ Reply to Thread