New To Space Invasion. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

New To Space Invasion.

To Beginners

If your new to SI check out SI-Master - the Space Invasion Toolsite its a great site to add to your bookmarks as you will be using it a lot.

-It has a getting started guide, to get you to fleet level.
    -It has lists of unit, building and research stats as well as costs.
    -It has a trade calculator.
    -And best of all a battle-sim.

After you have got past the first stages you will be wanting raiding advice and trade which is what this forum is for so feel free to post.

The rest of you

Posting trade requests has its benefits, as unlike an alliance message you can see what other members may have beat you to it and more than 2 people can discuss things easier. Though as this can be seen publicly so avoid posting planet names or co-ords, keep that to the in game message system.

Generally don't give away anything that can be used against us for obvious reasons.

If you need an answer to something fairly quickly log onto chat as there is normally someone there who can help or point you in the right direction.

Live Long and Prosper, no1cafc.

BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

info for beginners:
    Space Invasion Addiction

Its not everything but until the SI master gets round to translating all the articles into english it will suffice - some advice on battles and on colonizing
    member of LO JCHAT
    Legion Of Jaffa Consuming Hatters and Terribly Superfluous

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Rules of Engagement:

Our alliance is large and growing. With 70 members, we expect everyone to take responsibility for their own attacks. Inevitably, raiding other planets will result in some form of hostility that might bring an alliance against you. If this happens, we expect you to handle the situation. This usually involves diplomacy or, when required, soliciting other alliance members for military help. Just remember that our alliance will not be dragged into a war over a few raids. As some of our members experienced with TSCA, war is costly and can result in huge amounts of resource and fleet loses. We can't expect the entire alliance to suffer such attacks as a result of one member not managing their raids properly.

As a raider, you should consider the alliances of the planets you're looting. Excessive attacks on a single alliance and/or player is the easiest way to draw attention to your own planets, and will likely result in retaliatory attacks. As a fairly aggressive raider, I've recently experienced this with COD, when I hit 11 of their planets in a 48 hour period. As a result, their leader shot me a catty message, and I was attacked once for show. Of course, I brought this on myself, which is why I'd strongly advise all of our raiders to reduce their attacks of any given alliance to a few times a week. At any rate, I responded to the message, informing COD that I would not be attacking them again. That was all it took, and I pacified a potentially explosive situation.

If you get yourself in more trouble than you can handle, we're here to help. Our officers are available for negotiating with other players/alliance.

KillRabbit
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on top of that, don't do what i did, i may have gotten UAFE on me, if i forget and i attack some dude.. iam screwed. so MAKE SURE, you know who you are attacking. don't attack some one for payback, ask for help but do not whine...(sval) =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

A good simple guide that was on the SI forum regarding the first stages of the game:

To get started -- build only pig and kryptonite until you can no longer build because you can not save more than 100k of resources (no storage facilities). Make sure you have enough energy for these (So you will have to build some fusions too).

Next build as many metal producers (blast furnaces) as possible and build 1 or 2 each of your pig iron and kryptonite storage facilities. Rarely is someone going to attack you if you have 200K or less in total resources. It just isn't worth the trouble.

Now that you have some metal you might want to build a couple research labs and development centers. You still don't need fleet. Research some resource stuff and start guiding your research towards transports and transmitters. These will be your attacking and defending ships (think attacking inactives and escape flighting whenever possible).

Once you have transmitters research towards colony ships. When you get your first one colonize as close as possible to your main world. Don't worry too much about planet size as long as it is near 200 -- these planets are not going to be around for long. Build them up as quickly as possible -- getting the mines up to nearly equal your homeworld. Then leave them alone except to farm them. This means you take all their resources to your homeworld. Use this farm to make your homeworld grow quickly. Research should now be geared towards resource production. You want to maximize that as much as possible. Remember the more resources you have the quicker you build. You still don't have to worry about being attacked as you are spending all your resources and or escape flighting. (You should have a level 5 or better fleet base by this time on all planets). You will have 5 large transports/transmitters and maybe a couple recyclers lying around. These will be used to attack inactives (spy first - remember if you don't get any information just send more probes on each successive spy until it works). You also should think about gathering all the kryptonite rubble fron planets around you. KNOW your area and about 10-12 solar systems around you. This information will be key.

You should be feeling pretty confident now. Building is going well. Noone is attacking you or if they are they are getting frustrated by all your escape flights.

Next level: Here is where you decide what you are going to be -- trader is not a real option but goes along with the two main choices. So are you going to be a hunter or a turtle. Turtle is easy but very slow (you are pouring resources into defenses which don't bring you in any resources). Hunter is not so easy because it requires a lot of thought and means you also have to build ships you will have to keep safe all the time. I recommend you use SI-master to see how many of what kind of ship you will need to take down a large shield and build that many and no more for now. Concentrate on your economy still and delete one of your starting planets. You will be moving to a new area as you have probably outgrown the area you are in. I would suggest moving it to another galaxy as well at this time.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything you ever wanted to know about this universe...

The Space Invasion universe is different. Very different in fact, because its physics closely resembles a pork pie. To be precise, the pie must have been run over by a large truck.

Geometry of Galaxies in the Universe

There are 14 galaxies, each having a distance of 5000 to its neighbors. Travelling from galaxy 3 to galaxy 7 will result in a distance of 20000. When you travel from one galaxy to another, the positions within those galaxies will not have an effect.

Geometry of Solar Systems in the Galaxy

Every galaxy has 400 solar systems, one next to another. The next solar system is 850 away, the one after that 900. Flying to the 3rd solar system next to yours results in a distance of 950. The total distance from solar system 1 to solar system 400 is 20750.

Geometry of Planets within the Solar System

Every solar system has one sun and 16 planets. The distances from one planet to the other within the same system depend on their relative position in that system. Please note, that the planets do not circle around the sun, but are somewhat pinned to their current position... it is a funny universe, you know. The diagonal of a solar system measures about 1000.
    ~ From SI-Master

I've posted this article here because i had a few questions about it and there didnt seem to me a forum on Si-Master. Plus, it could also be useful got fiture new members.

I worked out that to get from Galaxy five, where i am, to Galaxy 1 where a mate is, i have to travel 20000. Now heres my question, 20000 what? The article dosen't elaborate.

I've noticed that ingame on the tech tree, it gives you speed in meters per second, such as the Transmitters 300,000 m/s. So, to anyone who has made the journey or can easily work it out, is it 20000km and is there a basic way to calculate times?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appear to have been kicked from the Alliance? Is there any reason for this?

Username: LegionOfLight

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread