Librarium Online Forums banner

1000 Point Baal Strike Force - Knights Sinister

<1000 
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Slayer-Fan123 
#1 · (Edited)
As some may know on this forum I am (slowly) commencing a blood angels successor chapter army.

After reading a whole of reviews on the blood angels codex and other commentary I have come up with my next list to bring to my next meet.

HQ

Librarian
- Jump Pack

All my previous lists I have referred to the chaplain as my go to guy given his ability to bestow hatred to his unit. Re-rolling missed to hit in the first turn.
Reading further the librarian has come along with Sanguinary discipline and the potential to provide interesting buffs.
I will see how this goes otherwise I will put in Astorath to guide the Death Company.

Elites

8 Death Company
- Jump Packs
- 6 CCW and BP
- 2 PF and Bolter
I like the unit - I may build more of them - may replace all units in elites with them...

Furioso Dreadnaught
- Heavy Flamer
- Frag Cannon
People run these with drop pods and I can see why - I dont have the points/cash/desire for a drop pod but templates are lovely - may have to swap out for a twin auto cannon dread.

5 Sternguard
- 2 Heavy Flamer
- Rhino
I like the heavy flamers so I put them on the unit - but it may be the case where this unit may be swapped out for another unit of Death Company.
I read that people in the past fielded Death Company with Bolters and in Rhinos - given relentless seems viable but one less attack in assualt.

Troops

5 Scouts
- Combat Blade
- Power weapon

5 Scouts
- Combat Blade
- Power fist

After a lot of thought and reading on these guys - in a blood angels army (baal detachment for +1 Initiative on charge) they fit well into the assault theme.
WS3 does not mean that much and no real cheap way to boost ws anyway (ikb sanguinary priest - but he cant infiltrate and tacticals dont have chainsword and assault marines shouldnt get into close combat).
They can be well placed to harass enemy positions with three strength five initiative five attacks on charge and with a power weapon/powerfist they can bring some unexpected heat to the exchange.
The only thing that irked me about the unit was the model - never loved them but with a smart kit bash I can wrangle a close combat looking model that isnt all identical to a space marine.

Fast Attack

5 Assault Marines
- 2 Meltagun
- Combi Melta
- Jump packs

5 Assault Marines
- 2 Meltagun
- Combi Melta
- Jump packs

Still dont know whether jump packs or rhino is the go - with fast rhinos you can move 12" in movement then flat out another 12" in shooting phase in turn one then turn two move 6" and shoot from firepoints.
Jump packs give 12" movement and full BS shooting - but less protection - jump packs look cool and to have more on the board is nice...

I feel that this build is close combat orientated which is the point of the CC scouts but has the anti tank catered for by Assault Marines.

See less See more
#4 ·
I recommend Tactical Marines for you mandatory troops here. The most common mistake with CC-heavy lists is neglecting support fire; meltaguns are no substitute for the ability to put a couple krak missiles/lascannon shots anywhere on the board. A pair of five-man Tacs with heavy weapons makes a nice firebase for small games.

Thing about running the Librarian in DeathCo is he doesn't have a squad sergeant to bodyguard him, a support character, from challenges. This is okay if your main plan is tapping Quickening/Force to make him a beatstick but he should be Level 2 for that. You need at least four WC dice to be confident of activating both powers at once.

I read that people in the past fielded Death Company with Bolters and in Rhinos - given relentless seems viable but one less attack in assualt.
It doesn't work. I tried bolter DeathCo in Drop Pods for awhile and they never did anything a Tactical Squad couldn't do better. The charge restrictions on mounted troops are fatal. Even with a Land Raider, I'd rather use a Tac Squad with flamer, heavy flamer and attached Priest. Actually did a few games ago. Between the flaming and a BSF charge, I took a 30-mob of Orks down to 5 in one player turn. Unfortunately, I did so well at clearing his deployment zone that his Nob Squad had a path for a lucky counter-charge against the Land Raider. He broke it before I could reload it... good game, lots of reversals.

Reactions: Braver
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.