Native American themed Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Native American themed Blood Angels

Well, i recently read the story Deathwing, about the Dark Angels of the Deathwing coming back to their home and, well, you know. And i like the idea of Space Marines with a twist like that. is this an ok idea? i mainly want to do this so i can give everyone slightly personalized armor, maybe even personal heraldry! is this an acceptable idea, or am i just a heretic suitable for death by the Inquisition? thanks in advance

This night is wild, so cold and dull, these hearts they race from self control

Carpe Noctem (because Diem is too bright)

Blood Angels Wins:6-Draws:0-Losses:5...apparently i'm doing decently for a guy who randomly charges into certain oblivion

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a cool idea. My chapter is a bunch of monotheistic fanatics who the inquisition doesn't like very much (christians), so do whatever you like.
    <span style='color:blue'> Die Infantrie -
    Die Konigin Aller Waffen

The Infantry -
    The Queens of the Services</span>

<span style='color:red'>Durch Wehrwillen zur Wehrkraft

Through military will to military strength</span>

<span style='color:gray'> &quot;In a man to man fight the winner is the one who puts an extra round in his magazine&quot;
    -Field Marshal Erwin Rommel</span>

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christians gooo!!! Ya, my Blood Angels successor chapter the Angels Incarnate is like that too, monotheistic and proud of it. For my troops I used chaos marine squads(now thats heresy :p ) just becuase their bodies look sooo much cooler with the trim and all. And then for the seargent I took off the horned helmet and gave him wings on his helmet instead(you can see the model in the space marine gallery). I think your idea is cool, I love seeing personalized Marine armies, they just so much more personal and they also look incredible on the battlefield. Good hunting :cool:

W-1 L-0 D-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, my main concern is colors, now i've done some research, and i asked my grandfather (hes half blooded native american, sioux i think, but dont quote me) and while they all used similar colors the warriors usually had their own symbols, now with that in mind i'm thinking that i'd paint their armor red, black and white, but each one slightly different so they look individual and i think i might mix space wolves in w/ them to make some look really native. thoughts?

Blood Angels Wins:6-Draws:0-Losses:5...apparently i'm doing decently for a guy who randomly charges into certain oblivion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe get some pheasant feathers, cut off groups of feather, hang them from a string and that can be your company standard or whatever. Also, the variance of the warrior patter on the armor sounds cool, and it will probably look great, it just might take a very long time. Sounds really cool though, post some pics when you can!
    Die Konigin Aller Waffen

The Infantry -

<span style='color:gray'> &quot;In a man to man fight the winner is the one who puts an extra round in his magazine&quot;

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by TEUTONIC_KNIGHT
    That sounds like a cool idea. My chapter is a bunch of monotheistic fanatics who the inquisition doesn't like very much (christians), so do whatever you like.

Now see, this is what I was talking about in my list of "fluff fouls" a few months back.

Unfluffy Fluff (ENOUGH of the Female Space Marines (and other unfluffy fluff)!)

I respect your personal religious beliefs, but a Christian Space Marine chapter would be Renegade, and the Inquisition wouldn't just "not like you", they'd want to exterminate you. So sorry, but you, my friend, have a renegade chapter.

Again, this is not personal, nor an attack on your (or your chapter's) religious convictions. Yet the fact remains that the Imperium allows worship of only one thing: the Emperor. Anything else is STRICTLY and VIOLENTLY forbidden.

Therefore your chapter would be considered renegade and hunted by the Imperium.
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, some of them are going to have exposed arms, to give them a more "wild" feel, and the chaplain i'm making will have his abs exposed, and hes in Terminator Armor, then his skull helmet has some spike things on it, looks like thorns, is this a good idea? the exposed arms i mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I used ork arms on my slaanesh chosen and they look good.
    paint them with flesh tones and use the shoulder pad in the legions color and they will look sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, when I was reading the fluff, it said that they are very lenient in the ways in which people worship the emperor. Also, maybe you should just not care what other people do. "Unfluffy" is when you are grossly breaking the rules. How is the inquistion going to know anyway. The Dark Angels have tons of secrets that the Imperium does not know. So, I do not see what your problem is with this.

Bare arms sounds like a really cool conversion. Good Luck!
    Die Konigin Aller Waffen

The Infantry -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

The SM have a very strict code of behavior, and regular visits by the Inquisition are scheduled to make sure they follow it. Number one on the list is allegiance to the Emperor. They set aside around three to four hours per day (and EVERY DAY) for prayer.

You are breaking the rules for fluff. Christianity bears little resemblance to the Cult of the Emperor.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"