Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FBVW MkIII Rd. 2: Match 16 - The Sacred Defenders of Huatl v. The White March HE

VW 
503 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Spector 
#1 · (Edited)
Match 7 - Chaos Wastes

First Turn = White March High Elves

The Sacred Defenders of Huatl

Oldblood (General)..........303 points
-BSoSotek, BSoQuetzl, BSoTepok, Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent, the Maiming Shield, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Light Armor

Skink Priest..........150 points
-Level 2 Wizard, (2x) Dispel Scroll
Lore of Heavens = Second Sign of Amul, Forked Lightning

Skink Priest..........135 points
-Level 2 Wizard, Diadem of Power
Lore of Heavens = Second Sign of Amul, Uranon's Thunder Bolt

(10x) Skinks
-Scouts

(10x) Skinks
-Scouts

(12x) Skinks

(20x) Saurus Warriors..........300 points
-Full Command, BSoTepok

(20x) Saurus Warriors..........300 points
-Full Command, BSoTepok

(6x) Saurus Cavalry..........230 points
-Spawning Champion

(3x) Kroxigors

Salamander Hunting Pack
-(3x) Salamanders

Total points: 1999
Power Dice: 6 (up to 8 w/ Diadem)
Dispel Dice: 7 (up to 9 w/ Diadem) + 2 Scrolls

BSoSotek: +1 Attack on the Charge
BSoQuetzl: +1 Scaly Skin save
BSoTepok: ++1 Dispel Dice
Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent: +2 Attacks
The Maiming Shield: +1 Attack (6+ armour save)
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior: 9” Movement
Diadem of Power: May transfer up to 2 dice into next magic phase

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The White March High Elves

Lord -
Archmage - 295
Level 4, Annulian Crystal

Heroes -
Commander - 121
Lion Guard, Light Armor, Great Weapon

Mage - 135
2 Dispel Scrolls (walk betwen worlds makes an almost invincible dispeller)

Mage - 160
Level 2, Seer (LoM)

Core -
20 Spearmen

10 Archers

10 Archers

Special -
20 Swordsmasters of Hoeth - 325
Full Command, Warbanner

19 White Lions - 311
Standard Bearer, Joined by Commander, Banner of Sorcery

Rare -
2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

Total is 1997

Power Dice: 9 + D3
Dispell Dice: 7 + 2 Scrolls

Annulian Crystal: Takes an enemy power dice and turns to dispel dice
Lion Guard: Character gains lion cloak. Lion Guard now special choice. Character and unit now stubborn.
Seer: Mage can pick spells
Banner of Sorcery: +D3 power dice

See less See more
#2 ·
Alright here we go.

The 2 scouting units of skinks will be trying to take out the warmachine crews ASAP.

The saurus blocks will be deployed in the middle and march up the board.

The Krox will be on the left flank, screened by the non-scouting skink unit.

The Saurus Cav will take the right flank, along with the Sallies.

Honestly, the biggest things that the HE list has going for it is magic. With 9 DD a turn through the diadem of power (saving 2 PD and converting them) along with 2 scrolls, the HE aren't going to ever have much of a magic phase.

The sheer lack of CC ablitity and small numbers will do the HE in. They cannot possibly hope to kill everything before the Lizards hit the line. And when the Lizards hit the line...Elves will die. In very big numbers.

The only phase the High Elves have a clear dominance in is magic, and that will be shut down for the most part. They are outclassed in both shooting and CC, and that will hurt them severly here.

#3 ·
Both Armies can easily negate each other's magic in this game, so im going to mostly ignore any effect from that phase, especially as spells arent listed yet.
Therefore i think the Lizardmen will have a fairly easy game here, the High Elf list isnt to brilliant, and the Lizards have good vombat potential with the saurus warriors,cavalry and the Kroxigor.
The salamanders and skinks will be able to make a nasty mess of the low toughness elves, but will probably take a few casualties in return from the archers and bolt throwers.
Victory to the Lizardmen.

#4 ·
the skinks ability to whittle down the HE combat blocks will ensure that when the heavies get there the Lizardmen will take the field.

#5 ·
Despite the repeater bolt throwers, I don't see many answers to the melee advantage of the lizardmen, plus the skink poison. The magic phase could prove unlucky for the reptiles, but no one should bank their vote on hoping for a bad dice day. I'm going to have to vote for Lizardmen.

#6 ·
9 DD and 2 scrolls should see the HE magic minimised. The high elf army looks fairly static, no real speed at all which I think is a weakness. I imagine the lizardmen will simply walk over the high elves, the fact they have no BSB only adds to my theory. The lizardmen take this one easily.

Ciao

Stonehambey

#7 ·
Lizardmen
That the magic will most likely come to little and the shooting on both side is fairly minimal it'll come down to combat.
I see a saurus lord hitting on three wounding on twos. = 5 dead elves from nine attacks. He should win all combats where the elves dont have 5static res. they only have this in one unit, who only need to take one casualty. i see salamanders setting elves on fire and skinks shooting them in the neck to cause it. The oldblood will also be able to despatch of any of the smaller elf units with no problems.
I cant see the high elves stopping the lizardmen.
they'd porbably be able to sohoot down the cavalry and kroxigor, but it wont be enough.

#8 ·
This is a really tough call. I think the High Elves can concentrate enough shooting and magic on one enemy unit of either Saurus or Saurus cavalry to tilt the balance in their favor, but what they'll do about the Salamaders or Kroxigors I don't know.

Its tough, but I vote Lizardmen.

#9 ·
Magic is nil in this one, for the most part. Beyond that, scout skinks can likely tie up bolt throwers, if not remove them completely. All the while, salamanders and javelins can account for some elf flesh so that, when combat beings, I believe the lizards will have the advantage.

Victory for The Sacred Defenders of Huatl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.