Librarium Online Forums banner

I am investing in my next army list with a view to creating another army...

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  cebwj 
#1 ·
should I opt for Hordes of Chaos or Beasts of Chaos. I'm inclined to go for Beasts because I like the characterisation but are the armies evenly matched ? If Hordes are tougher to beat I might consider them instead.

Also the cost of the figures / blister packs could feature in my decision so which is the cheapest to collect for say a 2000pt army ?

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Hordes won't be cheap (knights and mounted marauders are expensive.) Beasts won't be cheap either (minitours, dragon ogres, etc.) If you plan on adding any daemons to either of these armies fyi they are being pulled as soon as the new daemon/chaos book comes out. If not, either will still cost about the same, and maybe a little less for a beast army. You should weigh which army appeals to you more. Which models do you like more?

#4 ·
I think GW are very good at balancing armies, which leads to no army being harder to beat.

If you want a cheap army, you can do something like this:
3 exalted champions (convert one from knights, and two from warriors) with mark of Tzeentch. remember to use some magic items.
12 (two made into heroes) warriors of tzeentch, make them chosen and give them a banner 18£
4 knights of tzeentch, make them chosen and give them a banner 30£

So for less than 50£ you get up to 1250 pts.

You won't get many wins or anything. You can't really expect to get a CHEAP and POWERFUL army... *sigh* This game isn't just about winning for as few bucks as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.