Librarium Online Forums banner

{1000} Friendly

406 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Moonwatcher 
#1 ·
So im thinking of starting Chaos as my 1st 40k army but couldnt decide whether to play a vanilla list, a khorne list or a nurgle list. So heres my attempt at a vanilla

Demon Prince
Wings
MoS

8 Marines with 1 Meltagun
1 Aspiring Champion with Power Weapon
1 Rhino with Combi Melta and Extra Armor

8 Marines with 1 Flamer

5 Raptors with 2 Meltaguns
1 Aspiring Champ with Pair of Lightning Claws

Vindicator with Demonic Possession

1 Oblit

Total:1000 on the dot
25 Warm Bodies
3 Vehicles

See less See more
#2 ·
Demon Prince
Wings
MoS
Why no Lash of Submission on him, it's a nice addition and makes him worth while.

8 Marines with 1 Meltagun

8 Marines with 1 Flamer
I don't recommend the Combi Melta's on the Rhinos it's too costy for somthing that has a relatively good chance of dieing, and the extra armor is iffy, I've yet to math hammer whether it's effective or not, but I don't believe it is, with the extra points made up here beef your squads and add a Lash to the Prince, and the Flamer is generally not worth it due to it getting very few shots off a battle.
5 Raptors with 2 Meltaguns
1 Aspiring Champ with Pair of Lightning Claws
Very good, but expensive and not that many models to support it, after 2 casualties, not that hard w/ power armor and toughness 4, the enemy will be hitting a special weapon user, try to get more in if you could.
Vindicator with Demonic Possession
Can't comment too heavily on this I've never used them
All ways a great addition, however it would be nice for them to be able to teleport to an icon so you can get a flamer in as soon as h comes down, which can devastate a lot of squads, and also having him tele to an icon gives him 0% dieing from deep striking, which is good since he's quite a lot of points for a single model.

Well my 2 cents.

#3 ·
Heres my new list

Demon Prince
Lash o' submission
MoS

8 Marines
1 Plasmagun
1 AC with Power Weapon
1 Rhino

8 Marines
1 Plasmagun
1 AC with Power Weapon
1 Rhino

2 Oblits

9 Raptors
2 Meltaguns
1 AC with Lightning Claws

Do you have any suggestions for how to fit a Personal Icon in here somewhere?

Total:995pts

#4 ·
Welcome to Chaos Marines Anthraxium :)

I would definatly agree with the Lash of Submission comment, the Psy powers are really quite strong these days and its worth taking one of a daemon prince. another good choice is warptime.

I have alot of experience playing vanilla marine squads recently and i can definatly vouch for thier usefulness!

Im not sure all would agree with me, but i would drop the champions and power weapons in the squads and get them up to full strength with the extra special weapon. The Chaos space marine troop choice is quite a bit more effective at 10man strength.

I also agree with the extra armor/combi weapon comments, at first glance i think we cn spend the combi weapon points better and the extra armor just isnt worth the points in my opinion, rhinos are decent enough at getting thier job done with smoke and a decent firemagnet flying arround (daemon prince).

I like raptors alot myself, and if you use them well, ducking and diving through the cover you can make precision strikes with those melta guns, however i echo that 5 men might not be enough, ideally 8 men is the way to go which ives you plenty of extra wounds, but see how many points you have left over.

I have never used vindicators myself, although they are fairly mean! i dont know of a reason to not use them, however i wonder if there might be other choices that would suit you better. possibly a nice allround predator, dakka configuration (autocannon, heavybolter sponsons and havoc launcher giving 9 shots on the move) good enough for light vehicles and troops.

Obliterators are a nice choice in any army! :)

my version of this army without changing it too much would maybe look like this -

Demon Prince 155
Wings
MoS
Lash

10 Marines with 2 Meltagun + Rhino - 205
10 Marines with 2 Meltagun + Rhino - 205

7 Raptors with 2 Meltaguns & icon of chaos glory(for your deepstrike Oblits if you choose) - 190

Dakka Predator (autocannon, HB sponsons + Havoc Launcher) - 115

2 Oblit - 150 (field as 2 seperate units)

Total:1000 on the dot
29 Warm Bodies
3 Vehicles
1 Monsterous creature

If i was playing 1000 points i ould be tempted to use as many marines as possible and would probably try get a 3rd troop unit in there, but its very understandable in your first list with a new army to want to play with a few of the units! ;)

just my sugestions :) use as you wish

Have Fun!

Moon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.