Librarium Online Forums banner

Games Day Combat Patrol

440 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  lain2k3 
#1 ·
Since the exact rules of the games day combat patrol tournaments haven't been listed yet, I'm not set in stone for my list yet, but here's what I'm thinking so far:

12 FW, Shas'ui, Bonding Knife - 135
in Devilfish, SMS, TA, MT, DL - 120

Hammerhead, Ion Cannon, Burst Cannons, MT, DL - 130

Deathrain Crisis Suit, TA - 53

And either a fireknife/helios or 5 gun drones with the last 62 points. I dont know If I'll actually need the Decoy launchers in 500 point games, and that would allow me to fit a sixth drone in.

Either way, this list can FoF and drop 31 S5 shots on a unit, and has two vehicles that require S6+ weaponry to glance, making it hard to pick targets, since the FW will likely be on one flank, the Deathrain out of range/LOS, and the vehicles too heavy to damage for most infantry.

Let me know what you guys think!

#2 ·
Combat Patrol rules won't let you take the Hammerhead since it has a total AV above 33.

The Firewarriors in the Devilfish look good, and in CP you're going to have the biggest tank around. The Deathrain is also a very solid choice to help you take down whatever armour your opponent brings.

I don't think you're going to need a Helios in such a small points game since there won't be anything with AV 14 or heavy infantry. The Fireknife however, will serve you very well. After that, I'd recommend either some gun drones, more Fire Warriors, or some Stealth suits to bring more of those wonderful STR 5 shots on the table.

#3 ·
Ok, I've reworked my list. I like it a lot now, but I'm still open for suggestions

12 Firewarriors, Shas'ui, Bonding Knife - 135
Devilfish, Multitracker, Decoy Launchers - 95
2x Firestorm Crisis Suits - 100
1x Firestorm Crisis Suit - 50
4x Stealth Suits - 120

500 on the dot. Firestorms are pure gold in this list, and If I had the models, I would play two more of them and upgrade my DF with an SMS instead of playing the stealths.

#5 ·
The rules have been up for some time now (All AVs allowed, only 2 units with an AV, 2 wounds max, no 2+ saves, 1+ troops choices) and I've finalized my list, and just wanted to share with people:

2 Hammerheads with Railguns, Multitrackers, Target Locks, Decoy Launchers - 170 each
2 Firestorms - 50 each
6 Fire Warriors - 60

500 exactly, able to knock out (Assuming 6 models covered by large blast) 7 Meqs/turn, 21 orks/turn, 24 GEQ/turn, 16 DA/FW per turn, and still take care of vehicles of any AV without a hitch.

#6 ·
I'm reading the Baltimore Gamesday rules now (though it might be different at other locations which I doubt), and it states "You may not take a duplicate choice from the elites, fast attack, or heavy support sections" so you cannot take 2 hammerheads sadly, although 1 hammerhead at 500 points is pretty hard to kill.

Maybe you could take some more firewarriors since 6 won't be able to shoot down much before the enemy gets in range to fire back.

#7 ·
Hmm. Missed that part somehow.

That frees up 170 points.

New list time!

Hammerhead - Railgun, Burst Cannons, Target Lock, Multitracker, Decoy Launchers - 170
Devilfish - SMS, TA, MT, DL - 120
3 Firestorms - 150
6 Fire Warriors - 60

I dont know if the unit of three Crisis will really work out, but I think the third is a stronger choice than 5 more FW.

#8 ·
My list worked extremely well, All my losses came in my first game(1 FW, 1 suit, HH's Railgun), and I proceeded to receive one stunned result and one wound on a suit in my last two games combined. However, I think we messed up battle point distribution in our first round (very complicated scenario involving a teleporting objective who took models with it and nomnating a commander model) leaving me in 3rd place overall.

If the Combat patrol rules stay the same for Chicago, I would heavily recommend my list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.